Virtually New JBJ Arctica Commercial 1/2HP 110v Chiller

slief

RC Sponsor
Premium Member
Up for sale is a like new JBJ Arctica DA-500B 1/2HP 110v chiller. This was plumbed into my system for a handful of months but was never really run as I didn't need it and never had it turned on so I disconnected it and it's been in my garage disconnected from my system since I bought it new a handful of years back. I hung onto it in case I ever needed it. It's in perfect working condition with virtually no signs of wear and as I said, it was never really even used and only turned on for testing.

It accepts 1" PVC inputs via the included 1" Compression unions. It has a wall mountable external controller (bracket included) and the temperature probe is internal to the chiller to protect the chiller from freezing. This is about the quietest chiller you can buy and they are very efficient.

This is in perfect condition. These retail for well over $1200. I am asking only $600 for it and you are essentially getting a new chiller for that.

I will post pictures later today when I get home.
Specs are:

Titanium "Helix" Heat Exchanger
Unique titanium coil design allows for maximum contact exposure. The absolute best element for heat exchange and corrosion resistance on the market.

Energy Efficiency
These units provide the highest BTU (British Thermal Units) heat removal capacity with the lowest amperage draw.

Full Auto IC Digital LED Control System
This state-of-the-art digital LED thermostat system will automatically control your temperature within +1/-1 Fahrenheit from your desired set point. Bright LED allows for constant temperature reading with an "easy" calibration function. We have even added a "Thermal Chip" in the control system that will prevent the heat exchanger from freezing due to controller failure or low water flow. Our Smart-Chip will store and reset the controller in case of a power failure.

"Easy Hook-Up"
Our unique design allows the unit to be "hooked-up" without any tools or hard plumbing. We offer commercial grade compression fittings to be used with 1" PVC. These watertight fittings will handle up to a maximum working pressure of 25 PSI.

Lowest Noise and Vibration Level
Our commercial series chillers provide the lowest noise and vibration level in the "industrial" classification.

Side Handles
ABS molded handles allow for easy lifting and moving.

Specifications:
Recommended minimum aquarium size: 150 gal.
BTU: 6,000 BTU/h
Amps: 5.1
Dimensions (W x D x H) : 21" x 14" x 15"
Flow Rate: 480 - 800 gph
Inlet / Outlet Size: 1"
Weight: 55 lbs.

Here are a couple pictures of it. Other than a little dust on it from sitting, it's in perfect condition.

Still available. I can do a bit better on the price! PM me if you are interested!

Back