Visiting Chicago

Snprhed

So Im coming to Chicago this weekend. I see the list of stores but was hoping to get it down to a few that I might want to visit. I am interested in higher end LPS and SPS.

It depends on what part of chicago;

on the west side, ReefWise in Lisle
on the south side, Aquatica and Robs in Tinely Park

There are others in the city of chicago and the north side. Maybe others will weight in for those.

I will be staying on the strip, forget which hotel. I think its called the magnificent mile. Could be absolutely wrong about that name. I'll try and get the hotel

You'll be staying downtown. Closest ones are New Fish, Old Town and Golden Aquarium.

The best one for SPS/LPS will require a drive out to Reefwise in Lisle or an appointment at Windy City Reefs. Anything else in the area is a waste of gas and time.

Swiss hotel

Your best bet would be Old Town and New Fish. Closer and are In Chicago Area if that is where you are planning to be staying. Old Town is a bit pricey but they get stuff no one else can get..:hmm3: James at New Fish has a pretty awesome selection of LPS and SPS, but had an issue with his system a few weeks ago and might not be in the best shape if you visit.

I would also recommend also stopping out at Coral Reef which they are in Norridge, IL... Some folks don't like them but in the past few months they have turn things around and have a great selection of LPS... And no I don't work for them or support them. I just visit them often than others.

If any individuals have interest in an Elos cube (the small one) I have one that only has a few months use and is in great shape. no light and no skimmer. All white. I'd trade for some spectacular acans etc

Contact Windy City Reefs. You can't get any higher end then that. I don't have any frags of my high-end stuff as they are still growing out or am unwilling to part with them.

make a post about the stuff you are looking for down to names, lots of people around the chicago area have the higher end sps and lps but dont usually post. you might get a few pms about people who have the corals you want.

Back