Vodka dosing questions

oshanickreef

Hello! I have been reading about vodka dosing and I have done it with success but I don't remember my exact dosages. I have a 150 gallon tank. Nitrates 15, Phosphates .03, Alkalinity 7.1, Calcium 450, Magnesium 1420.

I have lots of hair algae and cyano so I'm not worried about that as a side affect. I am planning to start dosing 1 ml per day for 3 days then doubling it the rest of week 1. Then raise it 1 ml every week after that.

Does anyone dose more aggressively than this?

Thanks

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drink the vodka. Use vinegar. I have a 260 and dose 90ml per day. Start slow and test as you go. Increase as needed based on testing.

Buy a sulfur reactor, and forget about it..once you get the drop rate right, that's all you check, is that it continues to drip at the correct rate.

Best money I ever spent on my tank!

Buy a sulfur reactor, and forget about it..once you get the drop rate right, that's all you check, is that it continues to drip at the correct rate.

Best money I ever spent on my tank!

I have heard this makes your stony corals more brittle?

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-08/nftt/

Just entered my 2nd week following the prescribed dosages in the Reefkeeping article. Trying to get rid of a nasty hair algae outbreak after my 10+ year old 200g FOWLR tank crashed.

Thinking about reducing some of the algae by applying hydrogen peroxide directly to it when the rock is exposed during my next water change. Anyone have experience combining these two methods?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have scrubbed and dipped with hydrogen peroxide. It really works well on the hair algae. It will stun corals for a little but mine seem to have bounced back fine. I don't have experience with vodka dosing to help you there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have scrubbed and dipped with hydrogen peroxide. It really works well on the hair algae. It will stun corals for a little but mine seem to have bounced back fine. I don't have experience with vodka dosing to help you there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thanks! I took some of the worst infested rocks out and scrubbed them with peroxide. Worked pretty well. I'm still dosing vodka and hope that takes care of the remaining hair algae.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back