Wall Hammer Fall!!! Help!!!!

Lakejoery

I was doing a water change and knocked my wall hammer over :headwally: . It fell and hit the sand. The tissue seems a bit damaged, but not overly. It was releasing a stringy clear stuff from it. I cleaned the sand off of it. I am leaving tonight on vacation :headway: and I just want to know if it will be ok. Anything I can do to help it?

They are surprisingly resilient once established in the tank. I've foolishly vacuumed large pieces of flesh off of one of mine (twice) during some sand siphoning and it bounced right back in a few hours.

Same as above. Once established and growing they are pretty hardy. I've knocked mine over, sucked a few polyps off it, and it always bounces back in a couple days.

I was doing a water change and knocked my wall hammer over :headwally: . It fell and hit the sand. The tissue seems a bit damaged, but not overly. It was releasing a stringy clear stuff from it. I cleaned the sand off of it. I am leaving tonight on vacation :headway: and I just want to know if it will be ok. Anything I can do to help it?

You probably should send it to me. I'll take good care of it. :strange:

Just kidding. Sounds like you are good. Hope you have a nice vacation!

My trumpet coral fell off its rock 4 times and it always comes back. The substance it is releasing is a sign of stress, so it will probably be fine, just try not to do it again.

Back