WAMAS - Washington DC Area Marine Aquarist Society Winter Meeting, January 21, 2012

davelin315

10 & Over Club
filefish.png
dendro.jpg

Grunts.png
Island.png

WAMAS WINTER MEETING 2012 - Sat, January 21, 1pm

The Winter Meeting of The Washington Area Marine Aquarist Society (WAMAS) will be on Saturday, Jan 21, 2012 from 1:00-5:00 p.m. at Kilmer Middle School.

Special Guest and Highlights:

- Speaker: Luiz Rocha from the Cal Acadamy of Sciences- Topic - see below

Along with lots of frag swapping and a great raffle, this is sure to be a meeting NOT to miss!

For further information on the WAMAS Spring Meeting, visit our web site http://www.wamas.org/

Who: WAMAS (Washington D.C. Area Marine Aquarist Society)
When: Sat, Jan 21, 2012
Time: 1:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M. (EDT)
Where: Kilmer Middle School,
8100 Wolftrap Road
Vienna, VA 22182​

Cost: Members - FREE
Non-members - $5.00
[WAMAS Annual Membership = $20 - Individual; $35 - Family; $10 - Educators; Free - Students]

Agenda

Will be posted soon -

Miscellaneous
- food & drinks provided

- Raffle prizes

* to be posted soon

Bio: Luiz Rocha

about.jpg

ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHER
I was born in 1973, in northeastern Brazil, and I am currently living in Portland, TX and working for the University of Texas Marine Science Institute as an Assistant Professor. I have been scuba diving since 1991, and taking pictures underwater since 1997. In 2003 I concluded a PhD in marine fisheries biology at the University of Florida. I photograph marine life in almost all tropical oceans equipped with scuba dive gear and an underwater digital camera. Due to numerous journeys to tropical locations around the world, my library contains more than 10,000 photos and is still growing.

My photos were awarded several medals in prestigious underwater photo contests. Some have been published in books and magazines around the world.

Directions:
Kilmer Middle School
8100 Wolftrap Road
Vienna, VA 22182

MAP

Special thanks to theses sponsors. Please support them & say thanks next time you shop with them. You can find their website address by visiting their forum or the sponsor page on the WAMAS website

- Air, Water & Ice
- Aquaholics
- Avast Marine
- Blue Ribbon Koi
- Dr. Mac's Pacific East Aquaculture
- Fantastic Frags
- Fiji Coral Direct
- Fins & Feathers
- LiveWire Aquatics
- The Marine Scene
- Mr. Coral
- Petland
- Premium Aquatics
- Reef eScape
- SaltwaterWorx
- www.FishNReef.com

* Save your receipts from our sponsors and get raffle prize tickets.

shark.png
goby.jpg

Back