wanna add a jawfish...how do I assure a frontrow seat for his burrow?

WienerDog

I would like a BSJ, but they are a bit pricey and until I am more confident in my abilities I am gonna stick with a Yellowhead. My question is, how do I make sure he picks a spot in front of the tank. On the left side of my tank, I have a pink spot gob and a pistol. The middle and right side are vacant.

I would like a BSJ, but they are a bit pricey and until I am more confident in my abilities I am gonna stick with a Yellowhead. My question is, how do I make sure he picks a spot in front of the tank. On the left side of my tank, I have a pink spot gob and a pistol. The middle and right side are vacant.

If you want it burrowed out in the open in the sand, then it's going to take a long time. They only burrow in open sand after feeling really comfortable. However, there are certainly ways to encourage where they burrow. My advice would be to feed, offer rubble, and introduce the jawfish in the general area. You could also place a small rock and it might burrow under it. Good luck! :) They like to have a 360 degree view as well. They will pretty much always be at the front or where you are when they are established.

To be honest, I've kept many jawfish and all of them have burrowed on the front of the tank,they seem to enjoy the front view of the tank Nd they like to see whas happening around them!

Mine have as well. Any that burrowed in the back only did it temporarily.

Same. They will move too. I'd release it into thenend of the tank where the goby/pistol is not. Ive heard anecdotally that that combination, jaw/goby/pistol can be a problem. I don't know why. Territory issue I suspect. Good luck.:wave:

Well, i dropped him in at the opposite end of the tank. He swam acroos the tank and starting burrowing right in the same den as the pistol/goby. Just at the back entrance....gonna sit back and watch this. Its either gonna get him movin or it's gonna by like "Three's Company"

New post....he found the pistol in the den and split to the other side of the tank...right in the frontmost spot. Very cool.

Back