Want to add some fish to my 180g reef...

Drjusc00

My wish list:

1. Crosshatch Trigger

2. Male and Female flame wrasse pair

What I have in my tank:

1. Yellow Tang

2. Purple Tang

3. Achilles Tang

4. Pair of tomato clows (big ones!)

5. 1 powder blue chromis

What do you think about adding the fish above?

Also, suggestions on the fish I should add.

Thanks

Quite a few big fish, a bit crowded, maybe. But (IMO) it should work, I'm keeping about that number of fish in my 180 and they're thriving. I wouldn't be surprised to see the big female clown turn vicious no new fish, especially if she's been there a while. Paired large clowns are as territorial as any fish I know and can easily claim all of a 180 as "theirs". You could always put her in your QT for a few days when a new fish is introduced (if needed), that usually forces her to re-establish her territory.

I wouldn't do the crosshatch in the 180, everything I have seen recommends 240 or bigger. You could do many other kinds of triggers, though.

Quite a few big fish, a bit crowded, maybe. But (IMO) it should work, I'm keeping about that number of fish in my 180 and they're thriving. I wouldn't be surprised to see the big female clown turn vicious no new fish, especially if she's been there a while. Paired large clowns are as territorial as any fish I know and can easily claim all of a 180 as "theirs". You could always put her in your QT for a few days when a new fish is introduced (if needed), that usually forces her to re-establish her territory.

It's funny you say that about the female clown. If I get close to the tank she will dart right at me from behind the glass. She is a feisty one!

What triggers do you recommend? I would like a nice looking one.

I think a male blue jaw is one of the best looking triggers there is...although a crosshatch is still the top of the pyramid for "I want that fish one day".

You could get a smaller blue jaw and I doubt you'd ever have problems.

Back