Wanted: Disney Acro/Rainbow Coral

I believe the hobby should be cheaper than it is so it will be wel l below market value. No idea what the will be when its ready. I do see steady growth though. :)

I have a WD I bought about 6 months ago. It is doing great! Good growth, has 3 new nubs coming off of it. I bought it as a really small 2 branch and paid a hefty price. As soon as it grown out a bit more I will snip a nub or 2 to try and recoup a little of my $.

I have a WD I bought about 6 months ago. It is doing great! Good growth, has 3 new nubs coming off of it. I bought it as a really small 2 branch and paid a hefty price. As soon as it grown out a bit more I will snip a nub or 2 to try and recoup a little of my $.

That would be awesome

I don't and can't really get a decent one. My color is way off anyway but is starting to come around. I was thinking about replacing my dead dslr body but I was called a cheapskate when I mentioned my budget so that is a dead subject. Not getting one. Lol I need to get someone over pretty soon with a decent camera to take pics.

I don't and can't really get a decent one. My color is way off anyway but is starting to come around. I was thinking about replacing my dead dslr body but I was called a cheapskate when I mentioned my budget so that is a dead subject. Not getting one. Lol I need to get someone over pretty soon with a decent camera to take pics.

Most are way off from what I have seen in person. I'm a cheapskate for sure. Most I have spent was $200 for 1/2 frag. The $400 plus they ask for WD is over my head.

Roger

Sorry Turk I don't do trick photography.

Roger you know I didn't pay $400. :) Too much for something that could die so easily.

Sorry Turk I don't do trick photography.

Roger you know I didn't pay $400. :) Too much for something that could die so easily.

Its not trick photography. Buy a fan deck and use the correct filter that eliminates the blue but keeps the same color of the coral that you see in person. Its not a trick its just knowing how to take a picture.

I have not seen the filters work properly. I have been wrong before though. They take out the blue but intensify some colors and even add some colors that can't be seen standing in front of the tank. I would rather have a crappy pic than someone get my coral home and say its color is crap.
There is a ton of trick lighting and photography going on in the hobby and I just won't be apart of it. If you have a filter I can try out that would be great but if the pictures are b.s. they get trashed.

I have not seen the filters work properly. I have been wrong before though. They take out the blue but intensify some colors and even add some colors that can't be seen standing in front of the tank. I would rather have a crappy pic than someone get my coral home and say its color is crap.
There is a ton of trick lighting and photography going on in the hobby and I just won't be apart of it. If you have a filter I can try out that would be great but if the pictures are b.s. they get trashed.

That's why you need a fan deck. They have a few hundred filters and you have to keep searching until you find one that will give you an accurate color without the blue. I agree that there are many pictures that are enhanced for color. On the other hand some corals may look better under the lights when the pictures were taken opposed to maybe the lights that the buyer has. It can go either way sometimes.

Whatever Macon uses seems to work pretty well - I can't remember if he uses shooting glasses or an orange gel filter, but his colors are pretty true to life.

Actually not when I saw his tank. Pics are different. I get its difficult but some of the colors are completely different. Every time I see a pic of the ricordea I have to tell myself they really don't look like that to keep for begging for some. Lol
Unless I just don't remember correctly from when I was standing there. He does have a very nice tank with great color.

My WD. Crappy picture, can't get white balance adjusted correctly. No editing. This pic is under 20k Radium Halides and a reefbrite strip, top down.

Aaron

Attachments

• DSC_0058.jpg
    DSC_0058.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
Back