Wanted Tile Install recommendation

Jesse, were the shower walls floated or did he use concrete backerboard? And did he hot mop the pan? And one more, is the dam made of cinderblocks?

Your tile work looks fabulous!

I'm just curious as to what the construction folks out here do. I am going to tear out and remodel our master bath as soon as I finish our kitchen. (May be a while)

Just for s&g's, our house in Havasu had the shower tiled in, and the tile was laid right over the greenboard. (water resistant drywall) It was cold in the winter without a shower door so we put one in.

Oh and one more question...did the Hilti hammer break up the slab pretty easily? I have several hundren sq. ft. of concrete in my backyard I am wanting to remove, and I am trying to decide if the Hilti will do it or if I need an Ingersol and compressor.

Did I say your tile looks fabulous?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14233835#post14233835 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 30reef
Jesse, were the shower walls floated or did he use concrete backerboard? And did he hot mop the pan? And one more, is the dam made of cinderblocks?

the walls were both. Wonderborad and floated the spots that needed trued up a little. the pan is a one piece line that goes up the wall 8" behind the Wonderborad. the corner seat is framed then a concrete 2" slap on top that's pitched about 1/8" for water drainage. the curb is 3 pressure treated 2x4's with a water proof liquid liner you apply with a roller. same water proofing on the seat area.

Your tile work looks fabulous!

thank you

I'm just curious as to what the construction folks out here do. I am going to tear out and remodel our master bath as soon as I finish our kitchen. (May be a while)

well he's not from here. he's from New York. out there he said the tile guys set all the drains for the shower pans, not plumbers. here in AZ its the opposite. he is very very meticulous with the work being performed.

Just for s&g's, our house in Havasu had the shower tiled in, and the tile was laid right over the greenboard. (water resistant drywall) It was cold in the winter without a shower door so we put one in.

Oh and one more question...did the Hilti hammer break up the slab pretty easily? I have several hundren sq. ft. of concrete in my backyard I am wanting to remove, and I am trying to decide if the Hilti will do it or if I need an Ingersol and compressor.

Did I say your tile looks fabulous?

i used a skill saw with a diamond blade to cut the slab(to control the fault lines form the hammer). i would go bigger than that for a large slab. that was mid level hammer, model 905 ,and they have two sizer bigger.

-jesse

Back