water container

Didier, there are a few choices... it all depends on what size you needed. How much ro/di water are you looking to store at a time?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15228654#post15228654 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Wheel of Time
Didier, there are a few choices... it all depends on what size you needed. How much ro/di water are you looking to store at a time?

I am looking for a 35 gallons container. I will go to Home Depot tomorrow and check the volume of their brute trash cans.
Is there a reason to store more than 20% of your DT volume?

I use 1 for ro/di and another for mixing saltwater. I put a bulkhead with ball valve near the bottom on the side for draining and the ro/di from the filter through a hole in the lid. I have them up on cinder blocks and it works out great.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15230229#post15230229 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tank o tang
I use 1 for ro/di and another for mixing saltwater. I put a bulkhead with ball valve near the bottom on the side for draining and the ro/di from the filter through a hole in the lid. I have them up on cinder blocks and it works out great.

Do you a make just enough saltwater for every water change or do you store a larger amount of it?

I make fresh ro/do for each water change, then add my salt mix and let it mix overnight. I also make a 33g brute of ro/di about once a week as well and then put about 22g of it into my evaporation/auto-top off holder which gets used up every 6-7 days.

My saltwater can gets filled and mixed as soon as its used. I empty it once a week doing water changes. I would store as much as you have room for as you never know when you will need it. I would like to grab another can because 30gal isn't really that much when you have a big tank. Especially when you consider it will take 12 hrs for my 60gpd ro/di unit to fill the bucket then another 24 hours to mix the salt properly. IMO you can never have to much mixed water on hand (it don't go bad). For ro/di 1 container is fine as your weekly need shouldn't be much since it is only for top off.

Back