water movement at surface

I using jebao as any example because thats what i have.
Any power head thats controllable will do

Removing teeth does not move more water.. The rate of the return pump is whats moving water.. But you will be moving more surface water..

Removing the teeth did drop the water level a few, and more water from the surface was flowing faster into the overflow because there s no restrication any more, meaning teeths
pumps on or off

I might try and remove every other as well, and see what happens. I do have the plastic canvas stuff to avoid fish jumping in to the overflow. The squares are close together though, wouldn't that restrict flow as well?

the only problem with me using a different powerhead, this late in the game, is that now I have a mismatch. I need them all to match. Whether I use one over the other. So I can't just buy one to solve the problem. I would now need to buy all of them over again. ugh

Removing the teeth did drop the water level a few, and more water from the surface was flowing faster into the overflow because there s no restrication any more, meaning teeths
pumps on or off

I just wanted it to be clear that the flow rate did NOT change at all.
The same amount of water is still circulating in the tank at the same rate it was before....

If you had 451GPH before you still have 451GPH of water flowing after busting out the teeth..

I just wanted it to be clear that the flow rate did NOT change at all.
The same amount of water is still circulating in the tank at the same rate it was before....

If you had 451GPH before you still have 451GPH of water flowing after busting out the teeth..

correct sir!
Im not talking about about flow rate over all in the tank
more water is being pulled into the OF by removing the teeth (no restriction, the teeth does cause it) using the same pumps running at the same speed.

then there is no reason to remove teeth?

I did not say that.. ;)

The total flow rate is not changing.. BUT the flow is now composed of more water directly from the surface..

But I suspect the juice won't be worth the squeeze with corner overflows (assuming thats what you have)..
Will it help.. yes.. some.. Will it eliminate the problem.. Doubt it..

Aiming a powerhead is probably the best hope you have.. And by your own admission this didn't start (or you didn't notice) until you moved powerhead flows around..

well tonight i got home and started thinking about the hobby plastic canvas that i have in my overflows to keep the fish from jumping into it when spooked. I decided to remove it and within about 30 seconds, the film that was on the surface disappeared.

So I think the canvas was restricting flow...obviously.

i may get a couple more smaller powerheads to add more flow, but the film is gone

Back