Waterbox aio 65.4 peninsula

wulleput

I have bought a 65.4 and also bought 2 redsea reefled 50 as lighting and a rodi unit
I still need a pump, skimmer, ato unit and heater
What do you guys recommend.
Size of the tank is 120 long 50 wide and 45 high.
Would this tank be big enough for a coral beauty or any of the smaller angels

Nice choice. I have the water box 25 gal. Really like it. I’d look at the syncra return pumps. The aquamaxx hob skimmers seem to be getting good reviews. I’d look at the 1.5 or the bullet3 Autotopoff.com is the only ato I’d recommend. Eheim Jager heaters have worked for me for years. I do replace them every few year though. Rancho temp controllers are one of the best ones.

To me 65 is close enough to 70 for a coral beauty that I wouldn’t be the tank size police. I’d only do one dwarf angel though.

Honestly most dwarf angels have a tank range from 55-70 gallons so you should be good with almost any of them. Some may disagree with me but that’s just my thoughts based on my experience.

I have another question I still have to fill up the tank would it be possible to ad the salt to the tank and have it mix with the water that way or would I be better mixing it before hand and then filling the tank

Either premix or add water to the tank THEN add salt. If you add the water to the salt you could cause an imbalance and things like Alk and Ca could precipitate out. *Shamefully admits I learned this the hard way many years ago.

That tank is 65 gallons and general recommendation for a Coral Beauty is 70 gallons.

@Dr. Reef thoughts?
if you start out with a smaller fish you will be fine. I would buy 1 about 2" max and let it grow to your tank.

Last edited:
I have started my cycle everything us in place
For livestock I was thinking a pair of clownfish, a coral beauty or other dwarf angel( not sure yet) 2 cardinals, a dotty back, Nemateleotris Decora ( 1 can I have multiple ones ? ) and some kind of blenny
Am I forgetting something?
For clean up crew I was planning on turbo snails Bleu hermitcrabs a tuxedo urchin and cleaner shrimp

I have started my cycle everything us in place
For livestock I was thinking a pair of clownfish, a coral beauty or other dwarf angel( not sure yet) 2 cardinals, a dotty back, Nemateleotris Decora ( 1 can I have multiple ones ? ) and some kind of blenny
Am I forgetting something?
For clean up crew I was planning on turbo snails Bleu hermitcrabs a tuxedo urchin and cleaner shrimp
Cuc is very over rated, only add few at a time, most will die or starve. Add as needed. if all algae is gone, add nori for them to eat.

Back