Waterbox Infinia 215 build

GimpyFin

My wife and I just moved into a new house that is bigger so naturally that means a bigger tank. 😬 The tank is a Waterbox Infinia 215 (~150 gal display.) So far, the stand/sump is in the house and the tank should be moved into the house this weekend. The stand seems very nice being all aluminum and the electrical compartment on the side is a nice touch too. All of our fish are in a temporary tank setup on my workbench in the garage, so I'm anxious to get this up and running soon.

May not have been necessary, but since the tank setup will probably weigh close to 2000 pounds , I decided to brace the floor anyway. Tank is going against a load bearing wall spanning 3 perpendicular floor joists. The existing footings were large enough to reuse for the jack posts and put the brace just in front of the wall, so it runs underneath the tank.

stand1.jpgstand2.jpgstand3.jpgbrace.jpg

It looks great so far. Depending on what you want, could order a custom vinyl to put up behind the tank. Looks good but also protects the wall

Finally got the tank in the house and on the stand Saturday night. I had bought four 10" vacuum suction cups to help make carrying it easier, but one wouldn't hold suction and another was iffy, so 4 of us just hand carried it with gloves and it wasn't that bad. I still need to get some tubing and a couple fittings for the return pump, but the rest of the plumbing is all hooked up. Hopefully, I can get the powerheads and lights mounted and the controls mounted in the electrical panel this week.

plumbing.jpgtankfront.jpgtankside.jpgtanktop.jpg

I took the day off work so I could focus on tank setup some more. Most of the equipment has been hooked up and the electrical panel has been organized. I'm waiting for some tubing to show up, but I'm almost ready to start on the rock/sand/water.

electrical.jpglight1.jpg

Finished getting everything setup this week. The weather is starting to get pretty hot so I needed to get the fish and corals out of their temporary home in the garage. I had plenty of rock and bio media from our other tanks along with some bio spira so I could add the fishies right away. Everything went pretty smooth overall. One of the bulkheads had a small leak from being too tight and the mesh lid took a while messing with but I'm happy with how everything has turned out so far.

meshlid.jpgplumbing2.jpgtanksetup.jpg

We lost our first fish in quite sometime yesterday. Just laying upside down at the bottom last night. The flame angel was one of the oldest fish in our tank. November would've been 9 years since we got him.😭

flame.jpg

Last edited:
Back