wave box and hang on overflow??

buckofive

i am setting up a 120 gallon tank. i do not have a built in overflow but a hang on overflow. i purchased the wave box and overflow at the same time and the dealer said that there wouldnt be a problem. the problem is i can not hang the overflow in the middle do to the brace of the tank and the overflow only hangs down about two inches from the top of the tank. i have not added water but noticed this could be a problem when i mounted the gear to see were things would be positioned. has anyone used a hang on overflow with the wave box??

The overflow box should be in the center of the tank where the water level changes very little. I would not leave the tank unattended until you are confident the overflow is functioning reliably. Set up on a day you have off.

I run a 125 with external overflows and and wavebox. I Had the same problem you did in terms of the middle brace but found that placing the overflow near the box. The output from the wavebox was below the overflow and return and I have very good wave development and dispersion. YMMV but for me it has worked well.

jerryz

Back