Websites?

JDM130

Premium Member
Hi, I have been in the hobby for over 10 years, strating with FW then to breeding Discus. Shortly after to SWFO tanks to full blown reefs. I have recently down sized to my current 75gal. reef, selling off all my bigger stuff including my 180 FO tank. I have been lurking in this group for a while learning and reading what you guys are talking about. I find myself fascinated by what I have read and with the Octo's. I have a 40gal. tank just sittin in my basement that I would love to set up as an octo tank. But like everything else I have ever done with this hobby, I would like to get as much info as humanly possible to give the animal a good, healthy, stress free home. Can anyone point me in the direction I need to be in to obtain ALL the info I can get, including tank set up, care and conditions, feeding, filtration for the Octo's. Any help would be greatly apreciated. And I would also like to thank you all for what I have already picked up on in your post's. You all seem very knowledgable about these animals and it is very refreshing to find a group that is as pasionate about the proper husbandry and care for the animals that we ultimately decide the fate of. I am in no rush what so ever, so if there are any good info sites or books anyone could reccomend, I sure would apreciate the info. Thanks a lot!
Jeff

Hi Jeff.
Thanks for the compliments!
As with most marine species good research and knowledge is the key to keeping cephalopods.
They can be a very rewarding animal for those who have patience.
There is a ton of info out here if you search the countless pages that have fomed over the years.
The cephalopd page has some great info, Tonmo is a good place too. Colin(octomonkey) has a website and if you just do a basic web search on octopuses you will find lots of info. I have been working on my own site and it is comming along nicely. I will post the address when its ready.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks guys for all the info. I look forwrd to reading and participating in future post's. I will read as much as I can before pursueing an octo tank. Who knows it may turn out that it's not for me. I kinda doubt it, just want to stay openminded to all aspects. Thanks again!
Jeff

Back