Welcome To AMRC

None that I am aware of. I use to be a member down there but there was a major blow up between the members and the club split. It never personally affected me but all the drama just turned me off so I haven't gone back since. There was even a bit of drama a few months ago. All the drama just takes all the fun out of things. Last time I posted on there I was just trying to put in a few comments and seemed like I was attacked by a member so I just distanced myself from them and started this club. Anyways I'm still Friends with a few of the members down there and I even keep an eye on how their club is progressing but I don't ever post on their forum anymore.

I have no real issues with any of them and if this clubs ever gets large enough for meeting I would have no problem with anyone attending our meetings as well. It would just be nice to have something local so we don't have to drive 1 1/2 hours. It also is nice to have local friends if an emergency arises or help is needed. Who wants to drive all that way to help?

It was also annoying driving all the way down there every month for the meetings.

Yea I can see where you're coming from. I really enjoy the drive to cruces at least, because I can always find stuff to do there. Being in small towns to small towns for the last 9 years has really started taking it's toll.

I grew up in Houston and then moved to Portland, OR., so I think the reef tank will be something nice to keep busy with. It's also nice to have a little piece of the ocean back in the house. I really do miss it living in the middle of a desert. I keep stopping when I walk past and smelling it, as weird as that might sound, because it smells like the beach.

Back