Western_reefers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

Ok, I JUST came back from the LFS and got 25 lb of LR! WHOOOHOOO! I got the most expensive LR they had which was for $7 a pound. The LR hads TONS of diff shrooms, lots of diff color coralline, and much much more! Will post a few pictures later on today.

Here are a few pictures of the tank and LR. The LR has lots of diff colors, sponges, stars, and corals! The LR is FULL of diff mushrooms. It doesn't look like I have much LR because I spread the LR on the bottom. Didn't pile up the rocks yet because I'm waiting for the sand which is going to come tomorrow.
Picture1144.jpg

Picture1146.jpg

Picture1150.jpg

Picture1151.jpg

Picture1154.jpg

Picture1155.jpg

Picture1158.jpg

Picture1159.jpg

Picture1162.jpg

Here are a few more.
Picture1168.jpg

I have NO idea what this is though. Its probably some coral or sponge? I'm going to go post it in the coral section for an ID.
Picture1164.jpg

I don't know how well those mushrooms will do going through a cycle...but hopefully everything will be just fine. G/L and make sure to grab some pics once the sand and everything is in...

I also got a SPS coral for free today from the LR tank. :D Its alive and its in my 8 gallon biocube under PCs. It extended some of its polyps already. Hope it lives long enough so I can put it in this 28 gallon tank. I'll post a few pictures of it tomorrow.

Ok, I raised the light 3 inches. Here are a few pictures.
Picture1189.jpg

Picture1192.jpg

Picture1195.jpg

This fan is VERY strong. Its got an adjustable speed thing too.:D
Picture1198.jpg

I'm going to go cut out a mesh to cover the aquarium top so fish wont jump out. I got the 4 legs from the LFS.

*Note* there are NO fish in there right now.

Here is a picture of the sand in the bag. I already put the sand in the tank. But its very cloudy and you cant see anything. Will post a few pictures of the tank tomorrow when the water clears up.
Picture1202.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the tank. The water is still a bit cloudy and the rocks are covered with the white powder that came from the sand, I'll post a few more pictures in a few days when the rocks are going to be clean and the water clear.
Picture1207.jpg

Picture1210.jpg

Picture1214.jpg

Picture1215.jpg

Picture1221.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12800562#post12800562 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Im SpSing
You may have purchased fully cured LR, since it has all of that coral on it, so you may not have much of a cycle.

I did buy fully cured LR. But I'll still wait at least a week.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12807626#post12807626 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Brock Landers
please tell how you raised the hood. Thanks!
I bought 4 corallife legs for light from the LFS and screwed them to the hood.

Here are a few update pictures. I added another pump for some more flow for the SPS. Its now a total of 800 gph. I added lots of corals and everything is doing fine and is healthy. There aren't any fish in there yet. I know there are really badly bleached SPS and some LPS. I got all the bleached corals from the LFS for DIRT DIRT cheap!:D The bleached corals are doing fine and aren't bleaching any more and all there polyps are out. So, everything is lookin good! I am also going to be ordering 2 clams. 1 Maxima and 1 Crocea. There isn't a clean up crew yet because there's nothing to clean yet. LOL Tell me what you think!
Picture1286.jpg

Back