Western_reefers 28 gallon Nano-Cube HQI diary.

Loving this, what's it called? It'll be interesting how it grows out.

Picture859.jpg

Regards
Conor

Thanks, Umm... no, they are very easy to care for. Nope, you don't have to target feed them. They get alot of their food from the light. This gorgonian need lots of light to thrive.

well actually some gorgonians aren't photosynthetic so i would make sure that your uses light or you will just have an expensive stick in your tank soon

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13584721#post13584721 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by decent37
well actually some gorgonians aren't photosynthetic so i would make sure that your uses light or you will just have an expensive stick in your tank soon
I got this gorgonian from another reefer. So, it is defiantly a photosynthetic gorgonian.

Here is my stock list:
Fish:
Large Female Maroon Clownfish
Royal Gramma
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Wheeler's Watchman Goby

Inverts:
1 Tear Drop Maxima clam
1 Crocea clam
1 Fighting conch
2 Nass. snails
around 25+ lb of LR
30 lb of sand
Going to get a cleaner shrimp soon
lots of Chaeto

Corals:
lots of diff zoas
all kinds of palys
TONS TONS TONS of diff Mushrooms
diff Rics
Toad stool
Large Cabbage coral
Kenya Tree
Colt Coral
Xenia
Bubble coral
Metallic Green Torch Coral
Green Candy canes
Galaxy Coral
Acans
Purple Brush Gorgonian
Hot Pink Birdsnest
Miami Orchid
Purple tip Acro
SUPER PINK chalice
Tyree Blue chalice
Pink and Green Chalice
Blue with green eyes chalice
3 different encrusting montipora
I'm going to get Idaho Grape Montipora Cap Frag for $10 next week
I'm going to get 3 polyps of True Tubbs Blue Zoas for $10 next week

I think thats it. I'm sure I'm leaving out a few corals that I can't think of. I'm going to get a few more zoas, and 2 more SPS. Then I'm done with corals and I'm going to let everything grow out.(I know, I know, I already have a ton of corals. lol) :D

Western your tank looks awesome.! How r the clams doing? I think that will be my next livestock addition. What r u feeding them and how much?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13626061#post13626061 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hppd432
Western your tank looks awesome.! How r the clams doing? I think that will be my next livestock addition. What r u feeding them and how much?
Thanks! :D They are doing totally fine. I add around 10 ml of phytoplankton every week. I just add the phyto to the tank, I don't target the clams because you can do more harm than good.

Here are a few close up pictures of the Purple Brush Gorgonian. :D The Yellow Coris Wrasse loves to get its picture taken. lol Its in more than half of my micro shots. lol
Picture1028.jpg

Picture1034.jpg

Picture1053.jpg

I'm going to be getting a nice sized frag of Idaho Grape Montipora Cap and True Tubbs Blue Zoas today! :dance: Can't wait! :dance:

Back