What are those?! (ID please)

pREEFERED

Purchased these red hornet at my LFS, at first glance i thought there was sand on the frag, but took a closer look, and found a red zoanthid with a white perimeter... anyone seen these before?

1dfba4ad3b85b24da0a9e4ab7d2b9de5.jpg
3088f26829863c000b7085922b7bc4f8.png

Not 100% sure, but looks like they are anemones, possibly baby rock flower anemones. Here is a picture of a bunch in my aquarium...
6c31867fa5485318f31ccd1cd890302e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first thought was some sort of nem. I don't know much about them, but the bad ones seem to outnumber the good ones, so I super glue over them.

pretty bummed its a pest, i thought i got a bonus, thanks for the input everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, I respectfully disagree with the others. If you can keep the frag in a separate container in your tank, I encourage you to grow these out and see what they turn in to. Definitely not the typical majano or pest anemone.

Hmmmm, I respectfully disagree with the others. If you can keep the frag in a separate container in your tank, I encourage you to grow these out and see what they turn in to. Definitely not the typical majano or pest anemone.

+1 ive got a nice green/yellow/purple once that blossomed into something special

It's a type of a "hellfire" anemone..... They have many varieties and looks. Basically small anemone that can multiply fast and move around the tank.... They do sting things as you can see your Zoas are closing off next to them...

I would just keep and eye on them if they start multiplying might want to try and get them out.

Back