Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reef #1 - ReefBrites blue only
Reef #2 - t5 - 6500k
Reef #3 - MarsAqua 300w LED
Reef #4 - Nano-Quad LED
Reef #5 - MarsAqua 300w LED
reef #6 - BioCube - Coralife 10,000k & actinic
Cheers! Mark

ocean revives looks good (great blues) and has built in timers and remote, grows everything great and only cost 180 new.... wanted to get kessils but didn't see the point if i had to buy other lights to supplement

Another choice are the units from 21LED. I’m using two above my 245 Discus tank. The tank is 27” deep and the lights are 12” off the water and easily reach the bottom at 40% power.
They are thin, no fans, and come in several lengths up to 72”. Also come with a 2 year warranty. I’ve had mine for over a year with no problems. Originally I had them sitting on the rim, but moved them up to make working in the tank easier. This had a wonderful bonus, I now have the shimmer of halides!

I am amazed how many people say they love their lights. I've been in the hobby 20 years and never loved my lights. Lots of it is a 'grass is greener' mentality-'if I had halides instead of t5s, I could keep Acropora easily', 'if I we LEDs instead of halides, we'd have less heat and use less electricity', 't5s are almost as efficient and have such a nice glow', 'look at that new LED technology, so much better'.

I’ve had t5, 250watt halides x 4 and now LED. They all grow coral. But a lot of other factors decide how fast. The rest is just what color do you want to accentuate, how much money do you have to spend, and what is the latest must have feature.

Back