What are your 3 most important reef tank equipment pieces?

Other than the necessities (tank, sump, heater, return pump) I would say in no order:
A. GHL Automated control - which does temp, pH, Ozone, conductivity, AWC, ATO, dosing, MP40, and lighting monitoring and control.
B. Skimmer
C. UV

LIght and skimmer quality for stony coral. Skimmer and wavemaker for Fishonly or softie.

I asked this question, but honestly I don't know if I can answer it for my self. I guess it also depends on your location and what's your goals with your tank. For me in florida I don't even have a need for heaters. But I do have a strong need for power back up. I would prioritize my in such order
Lights, flow (return pump, circulation pumps) and auto water changes,

oh boy. so two categories here for me.

Can't Reef Without It:
Skimmer
ATO
Good heater (on some kind of controller)

Makes Life Worth Living:
Tank controller like Apex, etc...
Dosing pumps
Auto feeder

Like post said, if you where to prioritize your reef tank equipment, what would be your top 3 picks?

:fish1:Hi, the 3 most important pieces of equipment for my system are, Lighting, Skimmer, and in my case because I live in South Florida, a Chiller. :fish1:

Based on the minimum equipment I need to keep a system going long term:

Air pumps for water movement
Bright lights
Siphon hose and buckets

Well, when I lose power for extended periods, these are the 3 most important pieces of equipment to me to run off of the generator...

1. Powerheads
2. Heaters
3. Return Pumps

I have a 60g cube and a 240g reef plumbed into the same sump. So, as long as I get water movement and heat, the livestock survives (4 day tested so far).

In terms of where I have put the most money:
1. Lights
2. Skimmer
3. Powerheads/Wavemaker

Back