What are your thoughts on the Condy anemone?

I believe they are atlantic based and dont host clowns. Can get some nice coloring though.

They are Atlantic/Caribbean and can host clowns...color is usually white/tan with pink or purple tips...occasionally they can fully 'color up' to pink or purple and can change to either color.

They are not considered host anemone's, but some clowns will accept them as host.
They pack a stronger sting though that can be more harmful to fish than most other host nems, even clowns could be potentially harmed

I've had mine for almost a year now. Moved a bit in the begging but now shares his home with a Filamented Flasher Wrasse in a Tiki Head ornament. I'm not worried about it with the fish, they swim around it all the time. My Cleaner Shrimp even steals food from it. I once saw him go after some food and get stuck to one of it's tentacles and break free with no problem, he sits on the Tiki Head all the time with the tentacles brushing up against it so I don't think the sting is that harmful to him or the fish. I have it in the corner away from most of the coral, but it does occasionally touch some Xenia and some Palys that are near it and they don't seem to like it one bit.
thumb_IMG_1010_1024_zpsshjws5fr.jpg

IMG_1055_zpsp5bh65fo.jpg

My sexy shrimp sure loves to hang out with the Condy and hopefully so will the spotted nem shrimps I will introduce tonight.

Only took a day for my goby to become fine with the nem. My Condy doesn't move much at all either. In fact it's more boring in behavior than anything else but boring is less risky than 'exciting'.

I had one in a previous tank. It moved around a lot for several months before finally settling into a spot in the rocks facing the side of the tank.
My clowns took no interest... they made their home in a flowerpot coral.
I was totally new to saltwater and didn't really know what I was doing, but it always seemed happy and healthy so I can only conclude they are very easy to care for.

Back