What calc reactor for 30gal?

ooja3k

The Reef Producer
I have a 30 gallon mixed reef that I am gradually wanting to go more SPS...

I am currently dosing 2 part, and it works great while I am home and can dose it daily. But i just got back from a week vacation away from the tank. (I have done 2 weeks before)... And I tested my water to find my alk at 6 and my calc at 360... They were at 10dkh and 425 respectively...

My few frags of sps that I had looked stressed...

So im an effort to make my tank more vacationable, I would like to look into adding a calc reactor to the tank to automate the dosing process, if you will...

What reactor would be recommended for a tank of this size?? Money isn't an issue, I want good equipment.

Thanks in advance!

A schuran pico would do nicely also . They are around 275 and 150-200 in the for sale section .

Doser's / balling method , Octopus has a smaller line of calcium reactors . Knop .. Youa re looking at the 200-300 range , The smaller geos are a lil over 300 .

I would stick to 2 parts , They work just some times bottom out around 360 and not the 420 most of us like to have .

Its an issue of how much money would you like to spend , its only really worth it if you plan on getting a larger tank in the future ( cost wise )

The only reason I am trying to get away from 2 parts is because I frequently go on vacation... And am unable to dose during these times...

However, if i get dosing pumps, I would be able to still use 2 part correct???

yep and the dosers cost about the same if not cheaper than a calc reactor by itself ( with the bottle etc the setups will run way higher )

You might want to consider looking up the balling method it might look complicated but it really isnt .

Back