What do we want to get out of the Club?

I agree with Ice as far as RC not being very important in shaping what I do or what I have done with my tank....RC is not a good source for much IMHO. It has more bad info than good, more can be gained from each other than here.....

and as far as Tony is concerned, have you seen his tanks lately...he does not have a very good track record as far as I am concerned

Is that what Icereefer was saying? It has more bad information than good?? I've NEVER heard that one before. Please tell me where we can find better info than this place??

by michaeltwana
....RC is not a good source for much IMHO. It has more bad info than good, more can be gained from each other than here.....

Are you saying you get more info out of a group of 10 people than a group of 180,000?? What about the Chemistry Forum, and the Lighting, Filtration Forum?? I am very impressed by your comment.

Last edited:
Maybe Ice wasn't saying that...who cares really. But I did get from his tone that RC was not as important as many make it out to be. That goes for me as well....again maybe I am reading him wrong, but I don't really care.

We learn best from each other IMHO...

you like it here thats great, I don't--and thats fine too.

I don't think that RC has taught me anything near as important than those who have ran reef tanks in our area have.

Vish call me when you have a date set for the meeting, I don't come to RC much anymore.... Set the date and I will try to make it. You can also email me at michaeltwana@yahoo.com

Peace....

michael

But Micheal, if you want to help me grow and learn, please tell me where I need to get my source of good information. Is it just from each other or are you referring to another source?? I really would like to know.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10585637#post10585637 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by michaeltwana

<snip>

and as far as Tony is concerned, have you seen his tanks lately...he does not have a very good track record as far as I am concerned

Yeah I have seen his tanks and know what is behind it as I have talked with him. When he bought into the central filtration system for his tanks the pumps he got with them were inadequate. What is happening to him would be no different than to any of us that didn't have adequate filtration but on a larger scale.

So he is going to break everything down, clean it all up and replace pumps etc to get his tanks up to snuff. But that costs cash and is trying to get things together now (from my understanding) so he can do just that.. Clean everything up and replace the pumps.

Hey what is this a area for Local people to get to know each other and share there thoughts and Idea's maybe help a neighbor out, get to know Reefers in our area, a place to maybe find other people in our area, or every time someone mentions something a place to slame ones Idea or opinions????
this is a Reef club Forum, that RC has provided for members to come and talk about there area clubs, and events,ect. this is why I and others have suggested our own website or what ever. if we want to bump our heads to get this club going we should do that there Not here.
I believe this is not what RC intended for this area.
myself I'm thankful RC has provided an area like this were club's.
can come.
but a club is a group of organized people with the same interests and were far from that. so we shouldn't be using this area for building our grounds.
how will it look to others new to come here if all they see is members banging heads???
out of respect to RC that has been generous to provide this area.. lets keep this area for club events, club memebers that have Items that want to share,trade or sell. meeting times. club opinions or sructure building should be done on a clubs website or at meetings.

Myself Living in this area for over 17 years, I've learned that people in this area are giving and trusting people, who work together to help one go forward,,,,, I'm sorry I'm not seeing this here???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10586077#post10586077 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tarax
Yeah I have seen his tanks and know what is behind it as I have talked with him. When he bought into the central filtration system for his tanks the pumps he got with them were inadequate. What is happening to him would be no different than to any of us that didn't have adequate filtration but on a larger scale.

So he is going to break everything down, clean it all up and replace pumps etc to get his tanks up to snuff. But that costs cash and is trying to get things together now (from my understanding) so he can do just that.. Clean everything up and replace the pumps.

this is how we can all help us and others by helping not just club members but anyone willing to provide a healthy environment for the hobby were in as we do this we only grow stronger in experience, community relationship, New Idea's ect, ect.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10586471#post10586471 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by icereefer
this is how we can all help us and others by helping not just club members but anyone willing to provide a healthy environment for the hobby were in as we do this we only grow stronger in experience, community relationship, New Idea's ect, ect.

Exactly..

Back