What do you folks use to turn your ...

Da85CBears

sand bed? My tank started to get that carpet looking algae growing. I've done water changes (4 times in a week to be exact). I've siphon my sandbed. But within 24hrs the damn algae grows back. I've taken Tyler's advice and added algone to my sump. Maybe I am impatient and would like to see my sand clean. So if any of you folks have a better method please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Quote:

Since I am not one to want to be in a club I will go to the main RC site from now on and look for what I need to look for there.

I use snails and a sea cucumber...you may also want to try checking your phosphate levels.

Try running phosphate absorbing media if your phosphates are too high. that is one of the main reasons for the algae.

Higher flow will also help, but not that much.

Lastly, try chemi-clean, but use half the dosage they recommend. it'll clean it right up ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6941961#post6941961 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Da85CBears
Ahhh I thought that was squashed. I take it you have to be the idiot that want to bring it back.

Many past trangressions are forgiven, but rarely are they forgotten. I also would try not to commit any furhter trangressions, like calling members "idiots". Just some friendly advice :)

As for your sand bed, snails and other sand bed dwelling creatures are a good choice (there are quite a few to choose from, depending on what you hope to achieve).

I'd suggest maybe looking at your skimmer and nutrient levels. New tanks will have this problem. Try increasing water flow, that'll help stop the ugly matt of algae.

Ok thanks everyone I will adjust my skimmer to make it push out wetter bubbles. It is much appreciated. Thank you again.

Back