what do you make of this?

Zacktosterone

I found my emperor dead today.... He was in quarantine.... I found him like this

magejpeg_2_3.jpg

Eating like a pig last night. Heavy breathing this morning. Death tonight. No amonia spike or anything. Salinity was not altered. What is pipping?

Piping is when the fish tries to take in oxygen by sticking its head out of the water. How long did you have him?

If obtained from an LFS that runs low levels of copper then timeline would suggest velvet. The redness also suggests a bacterial infection which could have been secondary to velvet.

Weird. I have copper and I'll be running it soon. The only issue is I'm waiting on my test kits for it. I've since then pulled all of my fish out so I can begin copper treatment on everything. I'll leave the tank fowlr for 3 months as well.

I'm having trouble getting some chromis out though and a hippo tang, anthias and coral beauty. Any suggestions?

Weird. I have copper and I'll be running it soon. The only issue is I'm waiting on my test kits for it. I've since then pulled all of my fish out so I can begin copper treatment on everything. I'll leave the tank fowlr for 3 months as well.

I'm having trouble getting some chromis out though and a hippo tang, anthias and coral beauty. Any suggestions?

i know this sucks but take as much rock out as you reasonably can. My coral beauty was a bastard to get out and all i have is a 40 breeder.

Edit: wait what, your leaving your tank FOWLR(fish only with live rock.) you sure you dont mean FALLOW?(Fishless.)

i know this sucks but take as much rock out as you reasonably can. My coral beauty was a bastard to get out and all i have is a 40 breeder.

Edit: wait what, your leaving your tank FOWLR(fish only with live rock.) you sure you dont mean FALLOW?(Fishless.)

Yeah I meant fishless

I thought it was in a QT. Are there a lot of other fish in the same tank?

I 12 day transfer methoded the fish. Put him in my tank. He was acting funny so I put him in quarantine. Since then I noticed more of my fish acting funny so they're in quarantine now as well. To be safe I'm going to treat it as an outbreak and clean the system

Seems like a mild case of marinevelvet, I say mild because I've only lost 2 fish in 4 days. My royal gramma just passed. I'm still trying to get the rest of these fish out of quarantine. My copper test kit should be in today or tomorrow.... I'll be leaving the tank fishless like I said but the clock isn't ticking until everything is gone. I may do the high and dry method

I had the LFS owner come buy and grab all of my fish. He gave me a credit while he sells all of them. Its not fair to my fish to have to wait three months in quarantine before going back. Its kind of sad but I don't feel its fair for the animals.

i hope he treats them and gets them well before he sells them.

he quarantined all of them and made sure they were eating well, he just started selling them so I'm glad. it's disheartening but it was the right thing to do for the animals. it's my fault for no quarantine for my corals and inverts. i thought i could get away with just my fish

Back