What fish to get?

i'm not really into the firefish for some reason i don't the way it looks. the clownfish are just to commonly owned and for some reason make it so i don't want to own them..

i know i am strange but its just the way i am..

I know EXACTLY what you mean. My 75 gallon aquarium is going to be a goby tank. You could look into them, there are MANY gobies, of all shapes sizes and colors. If you lost all of your current list, you could get a few-probably a half dozen small gobies for your tank.

haha I'm the opposite I'm still a huge fan of the common "nemo" clownfish (ocelleras) pair... before I got into this hobby clownfish didn't catch my eye at all though kinda wierd....

i am glad to hear that someone fills the way i do. yeah im really into the whole goby thing for some odd reason. i just like colorful fish that have some personality to them

i don't think i'll ever like them they are just too common of a fish. theres not a single fish store that ive went too that didn't carry atleast 3 different kinds of clowns.

The blenny is always out and about. He's the tank ham. You can't get pics like that of a fish who hides. :)

I forget how much he cost. $40 something at the LFS, I think (which is not known for their bargains....but they QT everything first)

Tracy

i think u should look into a Yellowheaded jawfish its perfect for a nano aslong as u have a deep sandbed! its very playful and likes to dig and spit substrate

would you rather pick up a 26 dollar fish that is likely to die because your LFS doesn't care what size tank you have and how big the fish will be, needs, and bioload on the tank... you'll be back in a month to buy another fish...

or $40 on a fish that won't die in your tank. They sell fish responsibly, knowing what will live in what tank, what else is in the tank, teach you about how to care for a tank, etc...

In the long run, that $40 is well spent!

Look i just want you guys to know that this isn't like any local fish store. its a saltwater only fish store dedicated to the happyness of there marine life. they won't sell fish untill you tell them your tank size and what fishes you have in there. the owner of the fish store used to be a marine biologist, and has the degree plaqued on the wall. What i don't understand really is why she reccommended the fish to me but i am and will take the fish back only because i have respect for all fish whether they be big or small pretty or ugly.

Back