What happened to everyone?

Don , I tried to keep it going , but everyone lost interest in the club . noone wanted to post on here anymore . I couldn't get anyone to host a meeting . I,m just one person , and that is not enough to keep it going . Ted

I'm here now! I never knew this existed, I thought it was TBRC or nothing...Brian Greene turned me on to this particular club suggesting I might find some folks closer to myself in Port Richey here.

:beer:

TampaReefer79 , Welcome . We had a great club here for a while , but for some reason people in the area lost interest . I tried to keep it going , but noone wanted to host a meeting anymore , or even show up to a meeting . Sue , and Russ even started to come to the meetings to help keep it going . I thank them very much , for their support . It sure would be nice to get the club going again . We were a little different than TBRC , we didn't have any Club officers , or dues . The members voted to keep the meetings informal , but I now think we should of had elected officers , and may be we could have made the club continue to grow . I think if we can get some new members , we can get ANCHOR going again . Ted

TampaReefer79 , Welcome . We had a great club here for a while , but for some reason people in the area lost interest . I tried to keep it going , but noone wanted to host a meeting anymore , or even show up to a meeting . Sue , and Russ even started to come to the meetings to help keep it going . I thank them very much , for their support . It sure would be nice to get the club going again . We were a little different than TBRC , we didn't have any Club officers , or dues . The members voted to keep the meetings informal , but I now think we should of had elected officers , and may be we could have made the club continue to grow . I think if we can get some new members , we can get ANCHOR going again . Ted

Well, PRESIDENT...I'm here if you need a VP. :wavehand: LOL

I love the TBRC and would still be a member there...but it seems that everyone lives at least an hour from me in each direction. That's tough when you're looking for a hand with something.

I'm in Spring Hill, would be nice to be able to connect with locals.

Unfortunately I don't have much to offer as I am new, my tank is being setup (180), so unfortunately I don't have much knowledge to offer, or frags and such to trade....but I can learn from you guys.

So, count me in. Eventually I too will joing TBRC as of course it also has lots of members....but still would be nice to have something locally and meet a few fellow reefers.

TampaReefer79 , Thank you for your offer to help . May be if we can get a few more people together we can set up a meeting .

xcelprintingcom , you don't even need to have a tank to be welcome at an ANCHOR meeting . Just by coming to the meetings , you will be contributing to getting the club .

Ted

TampaReefer79 , Thank you for your offer to help . May be if we can get a few more people together we can set up a meeting .

xcelprintingcom , you don't even need to have a tank to be welcome at an ANCHOR meeting . Just by coming to the meetings , you will be contributing to getting the club .

Ted

Look at me, I don't have a tank setup at the moment either! It's in the 'process' though. :celeb3: You don't need a tank filled with water to learn something! :reading:

hey Ted just let Sue and I know if we can be of any help..

Thank you Russ , I really don't know what to do anymore . It is hard to get people in this area to host a meeting . Steve , Paul , and my self were the ones that hosted 95% of the meetings . You can only do that for so long .

Ted

Thank you Russ , I really don't know what to do anymore . It is hard to get people in this area to host a meeting . Steve , Paul , and my self were the ones that hosted 95% of the meetings . You can only do that for so long .

Ted

You'll have me to help now. My tank actually has SOME aquascaping done, and SOME sand in it. Rock placement is a process for me and will probably take a few days with a few different 'go at it's'. :lmao: I have some water made and waiting...so really this week it should be full and operating. But either way, I'd love to get a little club within the club going. Obviously I'd still go to TBRC meetings because that's just too much fun to miss!

:thumbsup:

No I'm still alive. I had been working to hard for for the past few years. (Over 90 hrs a week) I took a few months off to build a new truck and the market dropped out. I have been doing some local towing and think I might stick with that for now. I can sit around and wait for a call instead of driving around looking at empty driveways.

I am planing an in wall tank viewable from front and back. I have the ok from the old lady to start in May. I have to figure out how I can have all the equipment on one side and under the tank. On one side is the living room and I only want the opening for the tank. On the other side is the office and I am thinking of doing a hidden door type book case for access to all equipment. All plumbing will be built in rock like I did the 75g tank. I am going to avoid sps and stick with lps try to keep more fish.

Here is a rough idea of what I am thinking

And the door. I plan to have the door open out.

It will all be wood finish not painted and will not have the cabinet doors like that at the bottom.

No I'm still alive. I had been working to hard for for the past few years. (Over 90 hrs a week) I took a few months off to build a new truck and the market dropped out. I have been doing some local towing and think I might stick with that for now. I can sit around and wait for a call instead of driving around looking at empty driveways.

I am planing an in wall tank viewable from front and back. I have the ok from the old lady to start in May. I have to figure out how I can have all the equipment on one side and under the tank. On one side is the living room and I only want the opening for the tank. On the other side is the office and I am thinking of doing a hidden door type book case for access to all equipment. All plumbing will be built in rock like I did the 75g tank. I am going to avoid sps and stick with lps try to keep more fish.

Here is a rough idea of what I am thinking

And the door. I plan to have the door open out.

It will all be wood finish not painted and will not have the cabinet doors like that at the bottom.

Sounds great! If you want an extra pair of hands when you start up, let me know. It sounds like a really fun project.

I'd host one too. My tank will be filled by the end of this week. Hopefully will be starting to get stocked by March/April. If anyone will show up, I'll host April!! Obviously we have to have meetings opposite TBRC meetings so as to not have to choose one over the other. lol

Who else is local that hasn't posted in here? Maybe we can PM them to make them aware of this thread...

I can think of:

Imchris
GlassReef
FiredogMatt

I'm sure there are others but I hardly know anyone as it is. ;)

Back