What is going on with my frogspawn

Iamahab

Hey guys first post here, I couldn't get a response on reef2reef so I signed up here. I just noticed this lighter color on the base of this frogspawn, I'm hoping it's just new skeletal growth. Has anyone seen this before? Or does anyone know what it could be? Thanks for your time

Attachments

• photo412471.png
    photo412471.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • photo412472.png
    photo412472.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • photo412473.png
    photo412473.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Hey guys first post here, I couldn't get a response on reef2reef so I signed up here. I just noticed this lighter color on the base of this frogspawn, I'm hoping it's just new skeletal growth. Has anyone seen this before? Or does anyone know what it could be? Thanks for your time

Thats just the flesh of the frogspawn and totally normal/healthy looking. You can see it because the head is retracted whe you took your picture. If that flesh moves or peals upward quickly revealing white skeleton, thats when there may be issues. Right now it looks fine.

Welcome to Reef Central. Could it possibly be algea growing on the upper portion and not on the lower ?? You definitely could be right about new growth.

Thats just the flesh of the frogspawn and totally normal/healthy looking. You can see it because the head is retracted whe you took your picture. If that flesh moves or peals upward quickly revealing white skeleton, thats when there may be issues. Right now it looks fine.

I was looking at the very bottom of the skeleton. I agree with kharmaguru

+1

Back