What is the easiest coral to keep in the aquarium?

actinodiscus dicscosoma.jpg

What is the easiest coral to keep in the aquarium? 🪸🪸🪸

For us it is the Discosoma genus, Actinodiscus species, also known by the names of mushroom anemone, disc anemone and elephant ear mushroom. It maintains itself with virtually any saltwater aquarium setup. 🤩🤩🤩

But this red specimen is extremely particular and very very beautiful.🔥🔥🔥

WARNING: it could be extremely invasive😱

#hydor #passionforexcellence #poweredbyhydor #madeinitaly#aquariums #aquarium #aquariumhobby #aquariumhobbyist #tips #productdesign #nanoreef #reeftank #saltwateraquarium #reefer #reefaddict #reefpack #reefsofinstagram #coraladdict #coraladdiction #ilovemyreeftank #reefnerd #saltwatertank #reeftanksofinstagram #reefers4reef #discosoma #act inodiscus #mushroomanemone #discanemone #elephantearmushroom #aquariumcorals

I think 'easy' or 'beginner' has been another way of saying 'tolerates or even prefers poor husbandry'. The last time I had GSP, it melted away and disappeared, yet it is regularly promoted as 'easy beginner'. In a pristine high flow, high light, low nutrient SPS environment, the easy beginner corals become the difficult corals that don't grow. What do you think, maybe I'm off the mark here?

Back