What is the temperment of Akindynos?

RoGeTa

I have the opertunity to by a pair for a good price, but I am gun shy of clowns since my last one (and only clown), a tomato, was a holy terror and killed over a hundred dollars worth of fish. They would be in the 115 with two BTA's.

I have a pair of akindynos and a pair of ephippium in my 150.

The ephippium are defintely more agressive toward me. . .they attack my hand every time I'm "in the tank" no matter how far away they are.

The akindynos never attack me, in fact, they hide when my hand is in the tank.

As for agression towards each other, the ephippium never bother the akindynos, but the aks will chase the ephippium whenever they're near. Of course the ephippium are about 1/2 the size of the aks.

Neither pair bothers any of my other fish (sixline wrasse, potter's angel, sunrise dottyback, kole tang, mandarin)

HTH. . .

:D

Pretty much exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks for the great info! Is this normal behavior, or did you just happen upon the "stepford wives" version? ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9827286#post9827286 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by catastrofe
I have a pair of akindynos and a pair of ephippium in my 150.

The ephippium are defintely more agressive toward me. . .they attack my hand every time I'm "in the tank" no matter how far away they are.

The akindynos never attack me, in fact, they hide when my hand is in the tank.

As for agression towards each other, the ephippium never bother the akindynos, but the aks will chase the ephippium whenever they're near. Of course the ephippium are about 1/2 the size of the aks.

Neither pair bothers any of my other fish (sixline wrasse, potter's angel, sunrise dottyback, kole tang, mandarin)

HTH. . .

:D

I have the same experience with my pair, they weren't mean to any other fish while they were in a reef tank and they have always been somewhat shy. No problems here, i love my pair.

Back