• 70-80%

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 80-90%

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 90-100%

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

duec22

I've noticed that in the last year or so MARS members have been great at propigating and shareing their corals among fellow members. I just wanted to take a quick poll to see how much of your tank is non-wild collected coral..to see how much of an impact we might be makeing on wild collection.

The only thing I have left that was collected wild is my Frogspawn, blasto meltti, the "favia", and two brain corals. Everything else has come from frags from local members (mostly Tim) and a few aquaculted frags from LFS's.

I would say only 30% is aquacultured in my tank :( I have gotten most of my pieces from aqualife which were wild. I just found this club today and will defintely be going to the meeting on friday. Hopefully my tank will soon be stocked with cultured frags from you guys :D
Im new to sps and these wild ones are a pain to get to color up. I also would feel a lot better knowing that I wasnt taking anything away from natural reefs.

I think I have 2 - A Trachyphylia brain and Turbinaria cup coral. Two of the first corals I ever bought almost 10 years ago!

I voted in the 70% category of aquacultured.I have 2 softies Ive had for a couple years now that Im not sure of there orgin,but chances seem likely that they were propegated.And one zoo rock that may be wild also.Rest is homegrown son!:bum:

-Justin

Most of the corals I have and all of the corals I get now are Aquacultured/Propagated. They are just so much healthier. To bad I can't say the same for the fish in my tank. My clowns and neon gobies are aquacultured but most fish can't be captive bred yet.

Back