What powerhead?

I just want quality. I know the vortechs are pricey. Would I need mp10 or mp40 and how many. What about the gyre, overkill?

I would definately suggest jebao power heads over mp-10 or 40s. Way better value in my opinion I have had both in the past and had way better luck with jebao. Way cheaper and yet the way is most definately still there the only downside to these pumps is they are a little bulky. For a 65 I would go with two wp-25s or you could look into the rw series

Rogergolf is selling mp40s really cheap ....that's what I run I love them small footprint inside the tank and they last forever .....I would think one mp40 on a 65 gallon tank should be enough

I would go with 2 mp 40's....you can turn them down, Plus Roger has a great deal on them too. Plus if you decide to go bigger tank you have a jump on it...lolol....

I would go with 2 mp 40's....you can turn them down, Plus Roger has a great deal on them too. Plus if you decide to go bigger tank you have a jump on it...lolol....

Yeah good point on two of them turning them down. And upgrade on the tank, I did the same I upgraded my setup and already had the pumps so no need to upgrade..

I have a Deep Blue 65G and I run two WP-25`s . On there lowest speed they still make about a 1 inch wave , If i turn them up to medium I can just about spill the water over the top of the tank . Ill try and get a video up on youtube today .

The first gen I had problems with they lasted for about 8 months, now I have the second gen and they have been going steady for over a year.

WP series that is.

First Gen had less options on the controller, BTW

I have both wp10's and wp25's. They are good, but not great. If you can get the vortex pumps I would go with the mp10. Like a few other stated they last forever and have small footprints in the tank. Also less heat in the tank, which can be an issue here in Florida lol

Will never get Jebao powerheads again, had two die on me with a year. You get what you pay for with pumps. Love my mp40 and have heard good things about the gyre.

I found Vortechs noisy and not much more reliable than units half the price. I'd vote on the Jebao. Even if they dont last more than a year, you can buy 6 of them for the price of a single MP40.

Back