What should I get for replacement filters for my filterdirect RO/DI system?

sjm817

On Yer left!
Premium Member
I've had a filterDirect RO/DI for ~ 1.5 years and its time to replace the filters. I want to replace them all at once. The specs of unit I have is:

Model RO6100+DI & RO6100DINT , 100 GPD, 6-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Systems
1st-stage: 5 micron sediment filter
2nd-stage: carbon block filter
3rd-stage: carbon block filter
4th-stage: TFC-99, TFC membrane, 100 gal/day
5th-stage: Inline 2.5" x 12" DI filter
6th-stage: Inline carbon post-filter for drinking

It does have the drinking water option and the pressure storage tank.

I've seen some threads here that some of the components of the FD units are not the best. What would be a good set of filters to replace the old ones with? Where to get them?

Thanks

Your membrane should be fine....If you are going to replace it I'd get a 75GPD and the matching flow restrictor. Save you some DI resin in the future.
www.airwaterice.com and www.purelyh2o.com can both help you out. purelyh2o has a 10% off coupon code for on-line orders. It's RCDJB8HL.

I just called filter direct yesterday because my 9month old system is toast. My membrane is gone already, I have a TDS well above 50 after the RO most of the time, sometimes it spikes to over 140!!!!!! I also ordered two sets of filters that came to $62 OUCH. They are sending me a new membrane for $35 and a new flow restrictor for free. Total came to like $105....hell I could have bought a whole new system for that! So I got an extra set of filters...BIG WHOOP!!!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6967175#post6967175 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Horace
I just called filter direct yesterday because my 9month old system is toast. My membrane is gone already, I have a TDS well above 50 after the RO most of the time, sometimes it spikes to over 140!!!!!! I also ordered two sets of filters that came to $62 OUCH. They are sending me a new membrane for $35 and a new flow restrictor for free. Total came to like $105....hell I could have bought a whole new system for that! So I got an extra set of filters...BIG WHOOP!!!!!

Dang! :eek2: I was kind of in the same boat - I had a Coralife PurFlo II that needed all the filters replaced and it was going to be almost $100.........so that's when I decided to get the Typhoon III.

Yeah, I'd suggest AWI for replacement filters sjm817.

eee

Thnx, I'll give AWI a call

My TDS is @ 3 so its not that bad, but I'd like 0. Actually, that is what I read in the Brute trash can storage. I guess I should check what it is coming out of the unit.

Yeah, I believe you're supposed to take readings in glass? I had to try anyway and read out of the HD bucket....... still 0. :)

eee

Do yourself a favor and test your incoming and ro water for amonia. If you have amonia you will need to tell whoever you are buying from this info.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6968304#post6968304 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sabodish
www.buckeyefieldsupply.com

best prices on filters and membranes i have ever found.

I have ordered replacements from buckeye several times and shipping was always quick. Their prices are excellent as well.

I would upgrde your second stage carbon to the 1 micron that they have available.

Pete

Back