What Species is this?

kaiyokanman28

Premium Member
Friends,

I was fortunate enough to have caught one of my mantis hitch-hikers out in the open recently.

I'm relatively certain it's a N. Gondylactus, but not sure which species I've got and what it'll bother or not bother. Could any of you help me out with the species identification? Thanks!

Cheers!

Andy :wildone:

From just the little I have picked up around here, I know that the experts will need a very clear shot of the meral spots on the interior of its raptorial appendages (-or- the bright spots on the inside of its front arms).

Oh...piece of cake...Now...to just get the little beastie to hold still just long enough for its close-up...:)

Cheers!

*laughs*

You're going to have to get in line...You have no idea how many PMs and emails I've gotten asking for the little cutie. The trouble is...I haven't caught him yet...:)

Cheers!

If the rock is small enough (and not a supporting structure) you could always remove the piece he lives in and be done with it that way... :D

"Mantis for sale? Comes complete with living quarters..." ;)

That's the trick...not sure if the picture shows his dormatory...only a hole that I saw him crawl out of.

Cheers!

Cool! That's what I thought...Though wasn't sure if there were sub-species within N. Gondolactys.

Cheers!

Back