What to add next?

brettmc

Right now I have a finger leather, a green brittle star, a peppermint shrimp, some button polyp colonies and I'm looking at getting two common clowns tomorrow. I want to get a new coral also, any suggestions? I'm kind of looking for an anemone that they could possible host in, even though its a low probability might as well give it a shot. Oh yea its a fairly young tank, just started at the end of July. So what are your suggestions?

Wait for the anemone. For corals, Frogspawn, Zoos, Green Star Polyps and Xenia are good beginning corals.

Need to know more about your tank. What kind of lighting, how much flow, what size tank? As for the give it a shot idea, that could prove to be costly and tends to upset a few people who consider their tank inhabitants almost a part of the family.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8071695#post8071695 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EQCM2B
Need to know more about your tank. What kind of lighting, how much flow, what size tank? As for the give it a shot idea, that could prove to be costly and tends to upset a few people who consider their tank inhabitants almost a part of the family.

You mean .... (gasp) .... you don't??? :lol:

Oh yea forgot about specifics about my tank, its a 30g cube, I have one powerhead can't remember the flow on it, a seaclone 150 skimmer, a Rena canister filter, and a 175w HQI with two 24w PC's.

Seaclowns are hit or miss. Canister filters, unless religiously cleaned, will keep your nitrates higher. However, for a 30 gallon, IMHO, you have sufficient equipment though I'd increase the flow should you decide to go the stony route.

I'm a newby, so SPS are a long way out and by the time that comes I will probably have a bigger tank and have to start all of this over again. Addicting hobby this is.

Back