What to do before Moving ???? need advice

they all matter guys, you know what im going thru, cant ask my girlfriend, cant ask friends or family, they would have no clue. haha

and again i cant take it and set up a new tank at the same time, that would require all new equipment, or double the equipment, the skimmer, light and vortech being what makes a tank go would be the ones i have now. unless im missing something im not getting.

you wouldn't need a light, you could hang the one you got now and make some islands within the boundaries of the light. You wouldn't have to transfer the light until it was cycled and ready. You said you were going to buy another vortech, you could use that to cycle the new tank and then transfer the other once you were ready. Now if you want to keep the red skimmer, you dont need a skimmer on the new tank when it is going through the cycle. so the only big expense you would have is the tank

moving all the rock over or it would have to be a piece by piece, cuz if i try and keep corals and some fish that would be a big shock to the original tank. and to get the new tank used to the light, the corals i think need more than an hour a day to start ?????

Your rock is already established and doesnt need alot of time to cylce, you would need to cycle the new sand, old sand, and any new pieces of rock you would like to add. once that is cycled then you could take the rock out of your 90 and put it into your new tank. since that rock is already established it should take less than a week to stabilice in the new tank. there shouldn't be much light shock.

okay guys, im getting price quotes on a tank, Deehz if you read this let me know if you get somewhere with glasscages. Im looking for a 60x24x18. if this can be done for the right price i will sell off probably all fish and some corals. and have someone hold the ones i want to keep for me.

if not then i will just move everything and keep what i want to keep for sure and slowly build my rimless dream. but i know its doable, so im gonna give it a shot.

Hey brotha, we can split the cost on the shipping. I called GC and they said they do have a monthly "sale" but you have to purchase in tennessee. They don't do a group buy on the glass either, but they do on building the tanks but the pricing is not worth it. I think you end up saving something like $25-$50 bills for a group buy of about 10+ built systems.

I will call them tomorrow to get pricing on your system. Do you want that built or glass delivered? Its way cheaper if you get the glass only, maybe Steff or someone in EP can help you put it together. Either way, let me know. I will be ordering mine next friday. Should be here at the end of the month. That goes for anyone else that wants to order glass. LMK.

yeah let me know what they say for cost of mine just glass, and how much we save shipping together. basically how much it would cost me, i do have a guy i should hear back from tomorrow to see how much the glass would cost me thru him. a guy that does custom glass showers here in town. hopefully i get the friend price, i have no idea yet. and yes steffen would have to build it to hopefully save even more money. im waiting to hear back from him. apparently he is having too much fun at the los angelous aquarium.

Hey, if you can get 2 quotes from him, that would be great! We can save on shipping. mine is 48x36x18 3/8" glass. I did call a whole bunch of people in EP and the prices weren't that great. Neither was phx, tucson, Alb, GC was the cheapest price even with shipping. I will get your quote tomorrow.

sounds good, i think i need 1/2 glass thats why it might be more. and i dont know if i will get a good price from this guy, but ive learned that its a who you know kinda town.

Construction is always who you know and who you blow. I know a lot of people that have given and gotten blown! Lol

Just moved

Just moved

I just got finnished with a move from niceville,fl kept everthing alive for three days in a rubbermaid container. I ran a submersable filter in the rubber made along with a power head. I put my sand in a bucket with a airstone in the bootom. I did not have much of a problem. The rock,fish, and croals was in the rubbermaid if you got any question hit me up on email.

well i have done the impossible, and NO hans i didnt have to blow anyone, i have found a reasonable glass distributor here in town. Now im not sure yet if this is my price or if he will be able to continue to offer this to more of us just yet. I will be ordering glass sometime next week, and have our good friend steffen put it together for me, now little things still need to be decided, i promise i will talk to him to find out if he will offer the same price to others. but its no guarantee just yet.

i will have to move my current tank over, and basically start a new tank and then transfer my stuff over and then sell my tank and skimmer. but what i want to do is a shallower rimless peninsula tank. 60"long 24"wide and 18"to20" high. this would be 1/2 glass, and i already talked to puffin for a bit and waiting for him to get back to go over specifics. but what do you guys think ??? should be good with bottom euro bracing and rimless at 20" high ???

Back