What to feed a no fish reef

Jyetman

I tore down my main tank a month ago due to a leak and being too old. Plan on buying a Cade system November. Meanwhile I put some of my valuable corals in a 30 gallon with a plumbed 2-gallon cube. This was my algae scrubber plumbed into my main tank. I still have the scrubber going since I have no skimmer it wouldn't fit because I have all my live rock in the 30 gallon. Corals are in the 2-gallon cube. So, I have some peppermint shrimp which i feed some flake food every other day. Is this enough to feed my corals? Grand Pallys and cabbage leathers. How much and how often should I be feeding? Some pallys look like their bleaching not bad but noticeable. Algae on scrubber has reduced growing more slowly. I do a small water change every two weeks. Now I'm wondering if that's a mistake? I just need them to make it to November.

Last edited:
I would put a fish in there. Something interesting like a pair of Randal Shrimp Goby with their shrimp partner and just spot feed him.
If you are dead set against some interesting fish, you can also just feed the tank with some small sinking pellets to feed the fauna.

Back