What to feed MiniMaxi?

Whiterabbitrage

Do you guys feed your Minis? If so, what? Is just mysis ok? Keep reading horror stories about Silversides, scallops and shrimp.

I have not heard any horror stories of scallops and shrimp. Specially if you get the table ones.

That's what I thought too. Get table ones and freeze them. I thought that was the safest thing, but after reading someone's horror story yesterday on another site, this method is not infallible.
But that doesn't answer the question of what others are feeding and how often.
Has anyone tried rehydrating freeze-dried krill?

I feed whatever saltwater fish I catch at boy ton beach inlet, filet first , scallops or red salmon from fish market. Also get the small clams they love them!

I have had one for 6 months and I feed it mysis twice a week. Seems to be doing very well.

Only had mine for 2 months or so but I do the same, PE mysis twice a week and it seems very happy. Solid growth and awesome colors. The one I have is making me want to set up a small cube rock anemone tank. How much light and flow does yours get?

One curious thing I have noticed is I have yet to see a hermit crab or any member of my CUC crawling over it. When I fed last night, I was worried a blue leg hermit that was on the anemones rock would try and steal it. His legs would touch the outer perimeter of the anemone but he'd never cross the thresh hold. Do these guys function like other anemones and sting creatures other than Clowns?

I have had mine for going on 2 weeks and it hasnt eaten anything i tried to give it some chopped up raw squid and also krill, im going to pick up some mysis to see if he'll take that today

Back