whats a good nitrate test kit to buy

What have you tested besides Alk and Calcium??

When you say funny..... like what?
What I've noticed if I have any issues with alk, one or two of my Acropora sp species skin tends to look a little raised, rough or bumpy like, instead of smooth.

As far as Nitrate(NO3) test kits, I have two types and hardly ever test for nitrates.. maybe once every 3 months or so.
The Salifert and the Red Sea Nitrate test kits I find are both pretty accurate to one another. They always gave me the same readings when I compared the color samples to one another. So you may want to look into either.

The Salifert one comes with two bottles of powder formula with measuring spoon.
The Red Sea comes with 3 bottles of liquid formula.

GL

What have you tested besides Alk and Calcium??

When you say funny..... like what?
What I've noticed if I have any issues with alk, one or two of my Acropora sp species skin tends to look a little raised, rough or bumpy like, instead of smooth.

As far as Nitrate(NO3) test kits, I have two types and hardly ever test for nitrates.. maybe once every 3 months or so.
The Salifert and the Red Sea Nitrate test kits I find are both pretty accurate to one another. They always gave me the same readings when I compared the color samples to one another. So you may want to look into either.

The Salifert one comes with two bottles of powder formula with measuring spoon.
The Red Sea comes with 3 bottles of liquid formula.

GL

like you said i test every 3-4 months with API but they suck. I check all alk,cal,mag,po4 every other day

Well on Monday it was very weird that my GSP was all green in the morning and in the afternoon every stalk was closed? everything looked great....
Then yesterday pm my green birdnest poly extension was not the way it looked like in the morning...real weird....
this morning all looks perfect so i was just trying to rule out some things and Nitrate came to my mind.....

I used Lamotte years ago. It's very accurate (0.25-10ppm). I still have the kit but need to replace the reagents.

Back