What's the best salt out there

Dragon moray ki

Hey guys for my new reef tank i want to keep sps lps sorties anemones and fish of course in my 92 gallon tank and I have been using instant ocean is this the best brand and do I need to dose any thing like calcium iodine strontium or magnesium in my tank if I use reef crystals thank you in advance

They are all relatively similar, you won't be able to find unbiased results unless you search forums a lot. The most you can do is find a label that specified "Guaranteed analysis" and compare that with what your tank inhabitants require.

Ions such as calcium, strontium and magnesium should only be "dosed" when you are able to detect, via test kit, a tank "consumption" rate.

Thanks,

PJ

Since this is not really a "fish" issue you would likely get more and better answers in Reef Discussion or the Chemistry forum.

In my short experience(2 months) with a semi reef(4 anemones, and tons of softies, and a montipora) I had better results while using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt. It mixes in the water much better, and the corals were healthy looking and more colorful. I used reef crystals after a month and to me the tank wasn't quite as lively. JME.

Red Sea Coral Pro Salt and The Aquarium Solution D-D H2Ocean are both great salt mixes.

One thing unique about the D-D H2Ocean salt is that it's actually sourced from reef waters so you are making up rehydrated marine reef water at every mix. Plus, they add any essential elements lost in the refining process, then lab test every batch to allow for a homogeneous mix at every bucket.

Back