Whats the bestest nano tank?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14192214#post14192214 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snowriderz
The CADlights 39G Signature is top notch, the HQI is great and the Pinwheel skimmer is super strong and Acrylic too. here are other things i love about the Signature tank that others didnt have:

8mm thick glass
frameless and furniture styling
top quality HQI, LEDHO lights
500GPH
full refugium
cooling fan
Loc-line plumbing
100G Pin-wheel skimmer

i didnt like the Finnex because it looked exactly like the typical AGA 30G pet store style. and you easily can buy and glue acrylic to make those chambers. its cheap compared to the other AIO's but if you add up a 30G AGA ($50) and some acrylic you can make one for much cheaper than $200. the glass is thin. the equipment included is also lower quality and performance and with all theupgrades needed, it just came out to much more money than many of the AIOs available.

i wanted a high quality tank/equipment that had everything from day 1 without modding or spending more thats why i went with the CAD. CAD cabinets are also very strong and high quality, they even offer solid wood Cherry cabinets too.

Agree with every thing here except for the skimmer - it is a micro bubble machine that I think is not very good. Everything else about the 39g sig series is spot on! Love mine except for the skimmer which is why I added a Tunze nano skimmer.

i wanted to start a nano tank and i dont have much money because i was still in college. i got an oceanic biocube 14g. i love it just because i dont want any extra things hanging off of it or a big ol light over it. i wanted something simple, that fit my budget and that was what i wanted. if you want something simple that will be easy starting off i think the biocube is the way to go. its not a piece of crap but its not top of the line. sooner or later i will upgrade but just because i want a bigger tank. but for now i took it slow. i added some power heads, a light upgrade(that fit right into the hood) and changed the bioballs to live rock rubble. my tank is flourishing and i love it. look around and if something catches your eye and is just right for you-get it! its your tank and you will have to look at it and work with it. but i would reccomend a biocube- especially if you are just starting off

and i have the biocube skimmer. it does its job but i dont have much to compare it to. all i can say is everything has been perfect in my tank

i wanted to start a nano tank and i dont have much money because i was still in college. i got an oceanic biocube 14g. i love it just because i dont want any extra things hanging off of it or a big ol light over it. i wanted something simple, that fit my budget and that was what i wanted. if you want something simple that will be easy starting off i think the biocube is the way to go. its not a piece of crap but its not top of the line. sooner or later i will upgrade but just because i want a bigger tank. but for now i took it slow. i added some power heads, a light upgrade(that fit right into the hood) and changed the bioballs to live rock rubble. my tank is flourishing and i love it. look around and if something catches your eye and is just right for you-get it! its your tank and you will have to look at it and work with it. but i would reccomend a biocube- especially if you are just starting off

THANK YOU MEGG0602! thats allz i was lookin for, i wanted to know about the tanks i mentioned, not ones that are way out there. THANK YOU! : )

Can I add.... your fish wish list is way too big. Nano tanks are not about keeping fish. A 24g tank with at least 20lbs of rock will have about 20/22 gallons of water. You want to keep 4 maybe 5 fish in that amount of water?? That's just way way too big of a bio-load for that size tank....you'll be plagued with problems.

As someone else wrote - AIO nanos are all pretty much the same. Read up on what a nano reef tank needs to thrive and then buy a system to match that. Most people(including myself in retrospect) do way too much moding and tinkering, keep it simple, go slow and follow the basic rules and you'll have a great tank.

As always my 2 cents

youre welcome.:D its hard, you want to enjoy the hobby but you dont (atleast i dont) have hundreds and hundreds to spend on it. why sould we not be able to enjoy too? :) i love my biocube no matter what ppl say about it.
as for your fish i agree with the above. i have a 14g and it has a pair of clowns and i had a firefish. i wasnt going to be able to put more than that in. just ask or read about the fish you want and where they will stay in the tank-bottom free swim space etc. good luck!:rollface:

Finnex tanks are great.

I got mine, with plenty of upgrades for $350.

It came with the tank and a custom stand, Aqua C Remora with MJ1200, 150 watt HQI + (2) T5 + (4) moonlights, (2) nano koralia, 100 watt heater, and a few other bonuses.

Keep your eye out for deals, you can get some great prices on great setups! Oh and I always offer at least $50 lower on tanks if its in person. My tank was listed at $400 at the LFS.

Good luck!

Back