What's the difference between"Ultra" palys and regular palys?

kiko81

I think I posted this question on the wrong section. But looking to add more color in my tank. Saw some nice specimens that I like and are called ultra paly. I know I may sound like such a noob but whats the biggest difference here? Size? Thanks.

What's the difference between"Ultra" palys and regular palys?

about a hundred bucks lol

most of what goes around as ultra just has nice colors or patterns , the nicer and brighter the better.

places collected, costs, availability and many other things play a role in prices as well as greed.

search for what you like first and then figure out if its worth the money to you , only you can make that call:)

cheers

denny

about a hundred bucks lol

most of what goes around as ultra just has nice colors or patterns , the nicer and brighter the better.

places collected, costs, availability and many other things play a role in prices as well as greed.

search for what you like first and then figure out if its worth the money to you , only you can make that call:)

cheers

denny

Right on Denny. Thanks. Yea they look nice. Something to consider.

I think I posted this question on the wrong section. But looking to add more color in my tank. Saw some nice specimens that I like and are called ultra paly. I know I may sound like such a noob but whats the biggest difference here? Size? Thanks.

I would guess those "ultra", as cartoon names, are about those florescent Palythoa spp. The regular "Palys" would have normal colors.

That is relative, once every vendor will tell you how much THAT particular polyp colony they have are special to them and they will also charge you extra for that!!! Money machine!

There is indeed difference between a bright fluorescent Palythoa and a regular one, but because of so many different people and strains all over the place you'll need to see them personally to agree with the statement.

Yep, get what you like and try to pay the reasonable price for it.
That's a good advice!

Some of the so called "nuclear greens" could be a nuisance.
So you are actually paying extra for that "beautiful pest"!
Better to get it for free from local club members, I would think.

Grandis.

Back