Whats up with my lights ???

pnavarro170

S.T.A.R.S PRESIDENT
well yesterday i noticed that one of my halide bulbs looks way different now, it looks brighter and more to the red or whiter side. other side still looks the same i believe. both phoenix 14k's. bought in july i believe. didnt think i need new ones yet since i run them for no more than 5 hrs a day. any suggestions of what it can be ?????. this is my first time with halides so i dont know. ordering new bulbs of course.

Swap your bulb to the other side. If it looks the same way on the other side something is wrong with your bulb. If it looks good on the other side it could be your ballast.

Sounds good to me! Are you running Ice Cap Ballast? If so i am pretty sure it is not the ballast lol and if it was i am sad to say they just went under. :(

Steffen Sparks

yeah i know thats why im hoping its the bulb, but was just wondering if it was a common thing or if you had heard of this problem before. i left them on yesterday to see if it would change, so left on it did turn closer to each other. gonna try again to see what they do left on normal. and i will switch them tomorrow.

Yeah, agree with everything that has been said so far. Also, this is the number one issue with MH/T5 lighting systems, they lose there spectrum of light within 6-9 months. That is why you always read on forums and through MFG's recommendations that the light bulb will need replacing within this time span. I do hope that it is the bulbs and not the ballast.

Thanks!

well the lights look the same the past couple of days, and yes lights loose their spectrum but it isnt suppose to be something you can see the difference in. dont know what the issue was or is though ??? anyways, im at the 6 month mark, and i am waiting till the 9 month mark at least to change them, for 5 months they only ran 5 hrs a day tops, less at the beginning. now on 6hrs a day for the last month or 2. so i dont think i should replace them every 6 months because of that. am i thinking correctly ???

Back