When are the LFS's open?

HASTINGSRJ

Tried to find ACO a couple times yesterday and today with the directions below. I didnt have much luck at all. Anyone know when they are open? I have the day off on Tuesday so I am going to try and find a couple up by Kadena. Thanks

Here are the directions:
PPM: head out Kadena gate2, go all the way to 329. at 329 hang a left and go up the hill about 500m or so, and its on your left, just past the little toyota dealer there. If you get to the light at the top of the hill, you've gone to far. They are only open from noon until 8, Friday, Saturday and Sunday right now.

Aqua Culture Okinawa: Head south on 58. 58 branches off to the right, right there before pit stop used car rip off place. Head that way twords the Okinawan Convention Center. Go past that...go up over the bridge. after the little bridge, there is a stoplight with a family mart at the corner. Hang a right there (only way to turn), follow it around to the right and at the seawall make a left and go through the gate. ACO is on the left right at the corner.

Marine Lagoon (also refered to as "the fish lady"): Head north on 58, past Kadena gate 1, go past the flightline, and at the intersection where the new CoCo's curry houre is, make a left, and at the next intersection make a right and her shop is on the left about 350m. (on the right side of the road there is a little grocery store)

There is also a shop in Naha, but im not familiar with the road names, so I dont want to get you lost. Theres the 3 that I go to the most.

Theres a new shop on 23 about 2kms up the hill off of 58. It will be on your left side. Ive been in there a couple of times, not a place for saltwater IMO. Freshwater, there stuff appears very healthy.

Petbox. There is one in Naha and the one in Chatan/Mihama area. I think everyone knows where the one in Chatan/Mihama is. The one in Naha...best way for me to describe...if you know where sports dept is...go east to the first stoplight, hang a left and petbox will be on your right.

Makeman/moneyman/DIY store: (all the same place) Most of the Makeman's around island have saltwater livestock. They also carry hardware such as tanks and supplies. Directions, there are many around island.

fish lady opens at 1500 if I recall correctly,

I believe ACO opens at 0900... they are usually closed on sunday as it is the day they are running around maintaining tanks that they are paid to keep going.

directionsaco.jpg

Another landmark to use is the large red white and blue towers. ACO is at the base of the most southern of the 2. Their sign reads something about a Japanese Electric Company. They are hit or miss as I too have gone by when they are supposed to be open and no one was there.

okay, that helps, thank you....I am going to try and find ACO again today...from looking at the map its right around the corner from Kinser.....

Went to Marine Lagoon last weekend (Feb 15). She has a new stock of clowns, purple dotty backs, and what looked like tiny blue tangs (about the size of a quarter). She still has some manderan dragonets too.

Yeah, I stopped by there as well. She has really good prices! Makes me wish I had my 90 gallon here.....lol

Going on a little road trip tomorrow, I will start off heading up to PPM, then the fish lady, and last ACO. See if I can find an anenome for my clowns.....

Well I found PPM last Saturday, but it seemed to me like it was closed down? The place looked to be abandoned....I did find an anem for my clowns though, at Petbox in Naha. Although my clowns have no interest in it yet.....I am going to feed the anem today with some raw shrimp, see if the clowns take interest...

oohh, okay...I was just there today as a matter of fact.....PM me I am going around to some stores on Saturday morning, I would be more than happy to pick you up....have to go early though, ACO is open in the morning on Saturday, fish lady is open at 2 pm, and petbox is open all day....

I was able to get out to the DIY store today (Workman) outside Kinser, picked up some gravel, a piece of driftwood, and a 3 pack of filter cartriges for around $11.00. Not a bad store, the fish seemed to be reasonably priced though.....

Back