When asking for help

zooanthids not thriving...

zooanthids not thriving...

I have had some zooids for bout a year now they are opening and closing however not thriving or reproducing as much as I was hoping for them to be...
Temp of the tank is 76.9
PH is 8.1
Using iodide as a additive as well as a multivitamin which is strong i calcium
I also have marineland reef capable LED which push 10,000
any suggestions or recommendations?

I have had some zooids for bout a year now they are opening and closing however not thriving or reproducing as much as I was hoping for them to be...
Temp of the tank is 76.9
PH is 8.1
Using iodide as a additive as well as a multivitamin which is strong i calcium
I also have marineland reef capable LED which push 10,000
any suggestions or recommendations?

I would suggest to open your own thread about it, please.
That way people will see the title of the subject and will be much easier for all.

Grandis.

and where do u post when asking a question. I tried a new thread and wrote about everything i had, was long, and i guess im not allowed to start a thread. Im a little slow i guess and need some help. Where do i go regarding questions about my protein skimmer?

General message:
We always have to ask the same type of questions for the people who post for help. Params? Light? Maintenance? Dipping? Predators? Irritators? Etc...
That drives many helpers away because it's happening oven an over.
They get tired of it.
Would be great if before posting people could search and try to find what's wrong, search subjects, and posting all params and info they can about their systems.

Please help the people who wants to help you.

Grandis.

Please avoid sending me private messages about your problems with your zoas.
My box is full and will be like that, so you can publish such questions.
That way others will learn from your mistakes.
Also, many times I have to answer your PM and still publish on the thread you have opened about that problem. That's a waste of time.
No PMs for me anymore!!
:thumbsup:

Grandis.

Attachments

• IMG_2604.jpg
    IMG_2604.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 280974IMG_2607.jpgHello everyone
I have always had a bad experience with zoas but have always loved them. My colony of zoas have been in my tank for a month and still haven't opened up. Someone mentioned to me that they might be in to much light. They came from very little bleu led light but were fully opened. They have lost a lot of color. My water is in check and many of my other corals are striving. I do not have a calcium or magnesium test kit but i add supplements each week and go to the fish store and they say its ok. It is in a 90 gallon tank with coralife 4 t5 (2 bleu) lighting and towards the middle top. It is on the same level as a torch which is fully opened all the time if that helps. If anyone has any insights on what I should do please help. I think they might be getting too much light.
Thank You

3 zoa colonies retracted 2 weeks ago. I had a dip in calcium from 430 to 400, and magnesium from 1400 to 1300 ...Currently Sal -36, dkh-9(down from11), temp-77. These colonies were beautiful, and overnight pulled in like this...
dccb9c324519c69e3468bc301be976c0.jpg
03386def5da06d39c6686e731a3c52c6.jpg
1787e6a0d6a5177f6d75e9e96188d99b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3 zoa colonies retracted 2 weeks ago. I had a dip in calcium from 430 to 400, and magnesium from 1400 to 1300 ...Currently Sal -36, dkh-9(down from11), temp-77. These colonies were beautiful, and overnight pulled in like this... No changes were made leading up to this other than my calcium doser ran low causing a drop.

3 zoa colonies retracted 2 weeks ago. I had a dip in calcium from 430 to 400, and magnesium from 1400 to 1300 ...Currently Sal -36, dkh-9(down from11), temp-77. These colonies were beautiful, and overnight pulled in like this... No changes were made leading up to this other than my calcium doser ran low causing a drop.

Give them time, they should recover.

So I'm confused on this part of the site, is this where we are supposed to post for ID of what kind of zoas we have?

Please avoid sending me private messages about your problems with your zoas.
My box is full and will be like that, so you can publish such questions.
That way others will learn from your mistakes.
Also, many times I have to answer your PM and still publish on the thread you have opened about that problem. That's a waste of time.
No PMs for me anymore!!

AND U ARE ..........????
:thumbsup:

Grandis.

Back