where can i bulk buy filter pads

Go couple cities over to walmart and get the big bag of filter floss for $10. Better and cheaper than filter pads.

polyfil as in the pillow stuffing? or do they make it into sheets?

are you guys putting stuffing in a sock tube or something?

This and walmart. Same brand

By the way, didn't you use to have the roller thingy?

the roller i find useful only on small tanks or directly plumbed into the pipes. too much water/junk pass by the roller for my tank. i would need a few more, or something like Clarisea where it can fit between the sump baffles. i have too many big fish now and they are messy eaters. got a few 12 inch tangs.

interesting. ill get some now. thanks

got 20 pound of poly fil

Last edited:
do you guys prewash the floss? I just tossed them in. well this will definitely make the wife happier. no more washing socks weekly

uIi31aR.jpg

AJyrsIZ.jpg

Nice! Same material i get from walmart in Duarte but i get the 3 lb bag which lasts me about a year. Lol. I dont rinse it, just use as is. And if you wanna get fancy, you can throw a bag of chemipure under the poly fil in one of those cups to polish the water. But thats only if you dont run a carbon reactor like me.

ok. i thought more means longer time in between change.

You can leave it in there longer until it all gets saturated but meanwhile you have a nitrate factory thats just sitting there. So i just change it out every 4-5 days when i see it start to get like a brown slushy lol

Great post, can't believe I've never heard of that filter cup media holder until now. Question for everybody on filter media preference... poly fill or bonded aquarium roll? And why? Guessing it's a question of convenience vs cost (possibly efficiency too). Not sure how nasty it is to empty the dirty poly fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back