Where do I buy acrylic rods for aquascaping?

jim t

Anywhere local to purchase acrylic rods for aquascaping? Has anyone used plastic clothes hangers for rods? I have found them online but I would like to pick some up local.

I Have heard of people using the plastic driveway markers from home depot they only cost a few bucks a piece you just cut off the reflector on top and cut the rod to length

I looked at the driveway markers at home depot yesterday. They looked coated with something

I used the driveway markers. They are fiberglass and worked as expected. All of my research showed that they are only toxic under extreme heat... just like pvc.

The fish and corals are doing great. I love having rock structures that don't fall.

MSC direct is good place for acrylic as well as many other types of rod and tubbing for that matter

they even have some that is threaded and the nuts to match. Its just like all thread but in plastic

Last edited:
I also just cut some square rods off a sheet of acrylic. I took a torch and formed an arch.Not hijacking, just giving you ideas. :)

I used the Home Depot orange driveway markers. They are fiberglass and the coating is just resin, which holds the fiberglass together.

Back