where do you have your ph probe?

shyland83

I just ordered a calcium reactor and it says it has a place to put the ph probe. however the reactor is going to be in the next room and my ph probe from my acjr isn't going to be long enough to reach to the reactor. i can buy an extension but would rather not. is it just as good to have the probe in the effluent from the reactor where it dumps into the sump? how does everyone have theirs hooked up? thanks.

I keep my probe in a small plastic container which the effluent drips into. I try to position the effluent line directly towards the probe tip to get the best current measure of pH with water flowing past it nicely. The cup is slightly above my sumps water line and it drips into that area next.

You might not get the most accurate reading once the effluent mixes directly with your sumps water if you chose to place the probe in the sump

The best place is in the reactor itself.My calcium reactor is located in my basement but i was lucky that the probe just reaches from the controller.I'm pretty sure you can extend it but how much I don't know.
Good question for the DIY forum.

I have a similar setup with the acjr but monitor the tanks pH not the effluent. I'll check the reactor once a week but decided the tanks pH was more important to watch, CO2 goes off at 7.95. My rational was your effluent can stay solid but if you run to much thru your reactor your overall pH can drop and the controller would have no idea.

Joe that actually makes a lot of sense to me but i haven't heard of anyone else doing that. I would think the tank ph is more crucial that the ph of the effluent. I guess i'll play around with it.

Back