where is everyone ?

I feel I have helped during this lull! :lol: Maybe something to do with the daylight savings change and the gorgeous weather we have had this week? :thumbsup:

Jay

Could be right Jay/Pedro, spring break and the gorgeous weather. But isn't spring break for EP schools (not UTEP) next week? I am always logged in here. This is my home, my family yo!! LOL

yeah jay you have, but im still working and pretty much will check nightly before bed for some activity, and end up on random forums and youtube. haha. and now upgrading from a bb to an HTC i can reply and look online on my phone also. kinda wish everyone had a full build forum on their tanks and updated on every stupid thing with pics. haha.

Hey P, what kind of "blow" errrrr quote did you get from your vendor for the glass? lol I have not had time to call GC but you can check them out online and call them direct. You will be surprised how low they quote you on the glass you need. Probably save you more money then your guy. Just give them the dimensions of your system and they will quote you right on the spot. I am putting my order in this friday or monday.

with no special edging, guy said $275 plus tax on glass for a 60x24x18. no shipping, so i dont know. compared that to what steffen did on his and the frag tank and its about the same or less since there is no shipping just depends on what steffen charges to put it together. but im still weighing my options, and will have to decide very soon. if not glass will be ordered and will build it gradually. so are u ordering the tank together or just the glass there Hanso ???? demensions and price please shipped???

Mine was 48x36x18 3/8" rimless for 235 shipped. Glass w/euro bracing. Gonna change if boss allows to 60x36x18 3/8" probably looking at 275ish shipped, no tax. What your guy gave you was not a bad price. Although, GC does Polish the edges at no additinal cost. Doesn't this sound like we are talking about strippers dimensions or some local t!tty bar :)

As for me, my computer has a virus, do it is out of commission for a little while. Wish I could post pics. I added a peach colored bristle star to my system. Now if only it would come out more often so I could see it. Right now I'm in phoenix visiting my sister. Going to the wildlife zoo and aquarium today. I will let you guys know how it is.

thats pretty good deeeeeehz but i forgot to mention mine is half inch glass. and is it top or bottom euro bracing? and how much to build the tank?

I am going 3/8" since it won't be the traditional "rimless". It will be euro braced on the bottom only and hanso bracing on top.

If boss does approve of the bigger tank, then will have to go 1/2". The system you and I want built at GC is about $750+ benjamins. So even if Steff charged you 100 bills to build it, you still save 350+ dollars. I am calling GC later on today to get a quote.

whats hanso bracing on top????. and even mine at 1/2 inch would be bottom euro braced, why not u know. so im thinking my way has to be under $500 for the tank done and complete.

so if we order together, what would it be is what i need to know, and im leaning towards 60x24x20 tall. are u ordering glass or built ???

Personally I think I'd get you all tired of me and my tank if I did that. Lol. May just try it for fun tho. :)

whats hanso bracing on top????. and even mine at 1/2 inch would be bottom euro braced, why not u know. so im thinking my way has to be under $500 for the tank done and complete.

so if we order together, what would it be is what i need to know, and im leaning towards 60x24x20 tall. are u ordering glass or built ???

This is straight from GC as close dimensions as you and I want for a built system from GC to give you an idea of what the tank is going to cost (does not include shipping):

Yours
150 Long Buy This Online60 x 24 x 25 Tall $638 (not rimless, they did not have a tank listed).

Mine
125 wide ( rRimless ) 48 x 36 x 16 Tall $638

Yours glass ony @ $9/sq foot 1/2" glass:
60x24x18 1/2" glass=$279
60x24x20 1/2"=$300
(I took your dimensions and calculated the cost for glass only on GC website).

Mine glass only @ $6/sq foot 3/8" glass (changed dimensions from previous one quoted from GC):
48x36x18 3/8"=$270
60x36x18 3/8"=$369

Plus, I think Steff is going to join on the buy so that means we split the shipping 3 ways. Also, even if you have Steff put the tank together for you lets say at $100 (not quoting Steff or anything of the sort), your total will be for the 60x24x20 would be around $425-$450 (glass, labor, shipping). You still end up saving about $200+ going glass only v having GC build it for you. That money can be used to buy an Octopus cone skimmer!!! lol

LMK P if you want in. I will place the order on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Also, for anyone else reading this, you can join in on the shipment if you want a system or glass only from GC.

deehz thats what i thought though, my glass guy said $275 plus tax , No shipping. 60x24x18, so i would save the shipping going this route. whatever it may be with GC.

Could be right Jay/Pedro, spring break and the gorgeous weather. But isn't spring break for EP schools (not UTEP) next week? I am always logged in here. This is my home, my family yo!! LOL

No Hans its this week! Spring break baby! I havent been on I've been busy hanging out with pretty girls ;)

deehz thats what i thought though, my glass guy said $275 plus tax , No shipping. 60x24x18, so i would save the shipping going this route. whatever it may be with GC.

Hey P, can you get a quote for me from your guy? 48x36x18 1/2" glass. I figured the tax would be a lot less then shipping. I completely agree with you and if I can pick it up local, even better!

Plus, I think Steff is going to join on the buy so that means we split the shipping 3 ways. Also, even if you have Steff put the tank together for you lets say at $100 (not quoting Steff or anything of the sort), your total will be for the 60x24x20 would be around $425-$450 (glass, labor, shipping). You still end up saving about $200+ going glass only v having GC build it for you. That money can be used to buy an Octopus cone skimmer!!! lol

Steffen does not work for peanuts!!! :)

Back